Face Mask Maker
Urban Alliance, Inc.
Face Mask Maker
Initiative: Beyond the Basics
Impact area: Basic needs (food, clothing, housing)
Location(s): Working remotely (Greater Hartford)
Desired level of commitment: Flexible
Age requirement: No minimum age requirement
Tasks may include:
* Sewing protective cloth face masks for people serving in the frontlines during the COVID-19 pandemic
In order to volunteer, you should be:
* A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven’t already)
* Willing to attend an online or in person orientation prior to volunteering
* Willing to submit a background check if 18 or older
* Willing to complete a Waiver of Liability Relating to COVID-19
* Willing to follow COVID-19 Volunteer Safety Protocol
* Willing to use your own fabric and materials
* Skilled in sewing
You should not volunteer if you are showing symptoms of COVID-19 or live with someone who has the virus.
About Urban Alliance, Inc.
62 Village Street, East Hartford, CT 06108, US
Our mission is to create opportunities for people to achieve lasting change in their lives through the collaborative work of churches and organizations in our local community.
Urban Alliance (UA) is a collective impact organization located in Hartford, Connecticut.
We help leverage the strengths of churches, organizations, volunteers, donors and community groups to impact the community and change lives.
Urban Alliance initiatives--our strategized, collaborative work efforts around shared goals--are aligned with specific needs in the community.