136 people are interested
Medical/Scientific Content Developer
ORGANIZATION: Rare Genomics Institute
Please visit the new page to apply.
136 people are interested
Work remotely with talented peers on a rewarding, nonprofit program as part of Rare Genomics Institute’s RareShare team. Research, organize, produce and review written disease-specific informational content for RareShare’s online communities and newsletters. Learn about the symptoms, scientific basis, therapies and coping strategies for many rare diseases and help disseminate this information to those who need it.
As a RG Volunteer, you will be a part of the organization’s scientific educational efforts that seeks to work with the scientific community, disease experts and disease-specific organizations to obtain accurate, up to date information that can be shared with our patient-oriented audiences. You will produce written content for RareShare web-based community pages and e-mailed newsletter.
- The Medical/Science Content Developer works with the scientific team to prepare informational content, expand the organization’s scientific competencies and validates content for accuracy.
- Attend weekly conference call meetings and work with the team to plan specific project activities.
- Enlist and manage other volunteers such as student interns who can assist in the research and content preparation work.
- Support the overall efforts of the Rare Genomics Institute and its RareShare team.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in life sciences or biomedical field.
- Ability to interpret, critically assess and validate the accuracy of complex rare disease information.
- Strong writing, editing, reviewing and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills in writing, data analysis and presentation software.
- 5-10 hour commitment each week.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals.
- Ability to organize, engage, lead and mentor others.
About Rare Genomics Institute
8504 Firestone Blvd., #198, Downey, CA 90241, US
At RG, we are more than just an organization. We are a community dedicated to helping rare disease patients find hope for a cure. We work alongside patients and their families, providing them with the necessary tools, knowledge, and connections so that they can better understand the cause of their disease. We believe that every patient deserves more out of life.
Rare Genomics Institute (RGI) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping rare disease
patients find a diagnosis, treatment, and pathway to a cure. Through personalized research
projects, RGI provides access to world leading medical institutions and scientists to conduct
genomic sequencing, coordinates with clinicians and counselors to interpret findings, and offers an
online crowd-funding platform to deliver financial solutions. RGI also supports rare disease
advocacy by fostering an online community of rare disease patients and supporting rare disease
research through a yearly grant competition.
Since being founded in 2011, RGI has completed over 300 genetic sequencing and analysis
projects, assisted patients fund over $3.5 million worth of genomic sequencing, discovered 8
unique genetic mutations in-house, given over $2 million dollars in grants to researchers on rare
disease, and developed an online community with over 10,000 rare disease members.
Through volunteers, RGI is able to slowly push science and health care forward to meet the needs
of patients affected by rare diseases. To learn more about RGI check out our website, like us on
Facebook, and follow us on Twitter!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 12, 2022
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- 5-10 hours per week