DONATE TO THIS
29 people are interested
Social Media Specialist - Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: RANDOM ACTS ORG
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
29 people are interested
Random Acts, a global nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting kindness and compassion around the world, is seeking a Social Media Specialist. The Social Media Specialist has a critical role in developing and maintaining healthy and productive communication with the organization's supporters and its wider audience. Reporting to the Assistant Manager Social Media, the Social Media Specialist is responsible for maintaining Random Acts’ presence and reputation in the social media world, as well as facilitating communications on the social media accounts they are responsible for. The Social Media Specialist is expected to provide flexibility and cover/support for the rest of the Branding Department where required.
- Maintain and update the Random Acts accounts on a variety of channels, including, but not limited to: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, YouTube, Pinterest, and any other accounts that are deemed necessary by the Assistant Manager Social Media.
- Work with the Assistant Manager Social Media to develop and implement a social media strategy and ensure a consistent message is shared with supporters.
- Maintain a proactive approach to communications on all social media accounts.
- Compile and report analytics on the social media accounts, to be documented on the staff intranet.
- Stay informed of upcoming trends and developments within the field of social media.
- Research potential new online social media outlets for the organization.
- Work with other teams to proofread/write articles and blogs for the website and/or social media outlets.
- Keep the Assistant Manager Social Media informed of significant problems that jeopardize the well-being of the organization or its reputation, including any potential issues, so that it may be escalated to Leadership where necessary.
- Attend regular staff and departmental meetings as required.
- Any other projects or duties as requested by the Assistant Manager Social Media.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience in using social media as a public relations tool.
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups, including staff, supporters, peers and the public.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team, and the ability to manage tasks or projects from implementation through to completion.
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Random Acts reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
This role requires remote working. Applicants must have regular and reliable access to the internet, as well as the motivation to dedicate their time to the organization.
Random Acts is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Random Acts is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
If you are interested in this position, please read the job description carefully before applying for this volunteer role. You must include a resume when applying for this position.
About RANDOM ACTS ORG
5330 Brookstone Dr NW, Ste 250, Acworth, GA 30101, US
At Random Acts, it’s our mission to conquer the world one random act of kindness at a time. We are here to inspire acts of kindness around the world both big and small. We provide a vast network of caring people with the encouragement and support they need to change lives for the better.
Random Acts inspires many amazing things around the world every day - from small acts of kindness, such as inspiring someone to buy a stranger a cup of coffee, to much bigger acts of kindness like building a school in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua.
All of these acts of kindness contribute to a bigger story, a message that Random Acts embodies and promotes - that you too can conquer the world one random act of kindness at a time.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 13, 2024
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- Microsoft Office Suite
- 2-5 hours per week