Social Media Specialist
RANDOM ACTS INC
Social Media Specialist
Deadline: Open until filled
The Social Media Specialists have a critical role in developing and maintaining healthy and productive communication with the organization’s supporters and its wider audience. Reporting to the Social Media Manager(s), the Social Media Specialists are responsible for maintaining Random Acts presence and reputation in the social media world, as well as facilitating communications on the social media accounts they are responsible for. The Social Media Specialists are expected to provide flexibility and cover/support for the rest of the Branding Department where required.
- Maintain and update the Random Acts accounts on a variety of channels, including, but not limited to: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, YouTube, Pinterest, and any other accounts that are deemed necessary by the Social Media Manager(s)
- Work with the Social Media Manager(s) to develop and implement a social media strategy and ensuring a consistent message is shared with supporters
- Maintain a proactive approach to communications on all social media accounts
- Compile and report analytics on the social media accounts, to be documented on the staff intranet
- Stay informed of upcoming trends and developments within the field of social media
- Research potential new online social media outlets for the organization
- Work with other teams to proofread/write articles and blogs for the website and/or social media outlets
- Keep the Social Media Manager(s) informed of significant problems that jeopardize the well-being of the organization or its reputation, including any potential issues, so that it may be escalated to Leadership where necessary
- Attend regular staff and departmental meetings as required
- Any other projects or duties as requested by the Social Media Manager(s)
This role requires remote-working. Applicants must have regular and reliable access to the internet, as well as the motivation to dedicate their time to the organization.
If you are interested in this position, please read the job description carefully before applying for this volunteer role. You must include a resume when applying for this position.
- Experience in using social media as a public relations tool
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups, including staff, supporters, peers and the public
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team, and the ability to manage tasks or
- projects from implementation through to completion
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
About RANDOM ACTS INC
1920 HILLHURST AVE 170, LOS ANGELES, CA 90027, US
At Random Acts, it’s our mission to conquer the world one random act of kindness at a time. We are here to inspire acts of kindness around the world both big and small. We provide a vast network of caring people with the encouragement and support they need to change lives for the better.
Random Acts inspires many amazing things around the world every day - from small acts of kindness, such as inspiring someone to buy a stranger a cup of coffee, to much bigger acts of kindness like building a school in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua.
All of these acts of kindness contribute to a bigger story, a message that Random Acts embodies and promotes - that you too can conquer the world one random act of kindness at a time.