Adoption Team Volunteer
Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
Description: This position does the rewarding work of connecting animals to their forever homes.
Reports To: Foster and Adoption Manager.
Schedule and Time Commitment:
- Application Screeners: 2 - 5 hours a week.
- Events: Typically, 4 - 5 hours a day on the weekend.
- These are ongoing opportunities.
- Application Screeners: Remote/from home (must have internet access) or at an adoption event.
- Events: Various locations.
- Application Screeners:
- Interview prospective adopters and assess suitability.
- Work closely and effectively with Foster and Adoption Manager.
- Input progress using Google Sheets
- Work with the public to encourage them to adopt, foster, volunteer, or donate to Louie’s Legacy.
- Help set up and tear down the event.
- Assist with arranging to have photographs taken in a timely manner. High quality photos help us get animals adopted quickly!
- Advocate for the organization.
- Comply with instructions from the Foster and Adoption Manager.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and/or other spreadsheet software a plus.
- Ability to positively speak to the public.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
Physical requirements for events:
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Move and set up bulky items.
About Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
4725 BOOMER RD, CINCINNATI, OH 45247, US
Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue is a positive, professional 501(c)3 rescue organization that helps our community and shelter partners save more animals, more quickly by rescuing them, temporarily caring for them in our excellent, supportive foster homes and matching them with fantastic adopted pet parents.
We are a no-kill animal rescue based in Cincinnati and Staten Island, New York. We are proudly foster based, meaning our animals live in homes, not shelters. This allows us to more thoroughly get to know our animals, ensuring they are matched with suitable, screened adoptive homes that meet our high standards. In 2019, we saved over 2,600 animals.