Fargo Public Library
FARGO PUBLIC LIBRARY PAGE PROGRAM
Importance of Position: Assist library by keeping shelves in good order, making it easier for staff and patrons to find and use materials.
- Submit volunteer application and agreement.
- Be at least 18 years old and possess good communication skills.
- Ability to arrange items in numerical and alphabetical order.
- Physical ability to bend, push, pull, stretch, reach and lift 40 pounds consistently.
- Aptitude for detail and neatness.
- Willingness to become familiar with the Dewey Decimal System.
- Willingness and ability to work independently.
- Willingness to commit to a consistent weekly schedule.
Responsible to: Circulation Manager
- Successfully complete training program.
- Return books and other materials to appropriate locations on shelves.
- Refer patron requests or questions to appropriate library staff person.
- Give supervisor sufficient notice if unable to keep shift assignment.
Time Commitment: After initial training, then 4-10 hours per week.
Length of Commitment: Minimum one year
Grounds for Termination (including, but not limited to):
- Failure to successfully complete the training program
- Failure to carry out assigned responsibilities
- Breach of confidentiality
Contact Person: Pam Strait
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Fargo Public Library
102 North 3rd St., Fargo, ND 58102, US
The Fargo Public Library provides effective and efficient library services to meet our patrons' personal, professional, and lifelong learning needs.
The Fargo Public Library provides a wide variety of services and collections to the citizens of Fargo. A primary service the library provides is our Outreach Program that brings library resources to citizens who aren't able to visit the library. The Outreach program is primarily staffed by volunteers. For more information please contact Pam Strait at firstname.lastname@example.org