Director of Human Resources
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for providing leadership for all HR Operations on the JAARS Center. This includes HR workforce planning, recruitment, screening and processing, on-boarding and off-boarding, performance management, policy review and compliance and staff relations.
- Design, implement and measure the effectiveness of HR staffing services on the center
- Aid in monitoring the effectiveness of current HR processes and propose needed changes and additions
- Ensure organizational and regulatory HR compliance.
- Ensure the accuracy of the HR Information System.
- Handle staff relations matters in accordance with the Staff Handbook.
- Assist managers in successfully supervising their staff.
- Manage the HR department budget and staff.
- Serve on the JAARS Leadership Team
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embraces the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS
- Show that you are a person of character and conviction, with the ability to lead and motivate your team and influence others through godly character
- Be a servant leader, balancing expertise with humility
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, as well as good interpersonal skills
- Have strong organizational, analytical and management capabilities-able to lead demonstrable stewardship of all JAARS resources: people, time, money
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably related to HR Management; with five-plus years of HR Management experience
- Membership in national and local SHRM preferred; HR Certification preferred (SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP or SPHR, PHR)
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.