During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
Clerical Assistant for Basic Needs Ministry
Initiative: Beyond the Basics
Impact area: Basic needs (food, clothing, housing)
Location(s): Bristol, CT
Hours: Weekday mornings
Desired level of commitment: Once per month
Age requirement: 18+
Tasks may include:
* Making copies
* Sorting papers
* Stuffing envelopes
In order to volunteer, you should be:
* A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
* Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
* Willing to submit a background check
* Willing to complete a Waiver of Liability Relating to COVID-19
* Willing to follow COVID-19 Volunteer Safety Protocol
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
* Comfortable in a dynamic environment
You should not volunteer if you are at risk or compromised.
If you are immunocompromised, over 60, are showing symptoms of COVID-19, or live with or care for someone in any of those categories, you should avoid being in public - including for volunteer efforts. Please stay safe, stay home.
62 Village Street, East Hartford, CT 06108, US
Our mission is to create opportunities for people to achieve lasting change in their lives through the collaborative work of churches and organizations in our local community.
Urban Alliance (UA) is a collective impact organization located in Hartford, Connecticut.
We help leverage the strengths of churches, organizations, volunteers, donors and community groups to impact the community and change lives.
Urban Alliance initiatives--our strategized, collaborative work efforts around shared goals--are aligned with specific needs in the community.
We'll work with your schedule.
Greater HartfordEast Hartford, CT 06108
June 15, 2020