Become A Struggling Student's Cultivator -- no experience required (9hrs/week)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
As Volunteer Cultivators, we cultivate Learners’ passions. In other words, we identify what children are passionate about and help children become highly skilled in their passions.
Thiebaut Method (TM) is an after school program that works with struggling students in grades K-8. At TM, we help children learn about their passions and teach them how to develop skills that are related to their passions.
What Cultivators do :
At TM, students work one-on-one with cultivators, independently, and in peer groups on projects inspired by their passions that develop creative and practical skills.
How Cultivators are prepared :
We've designed a Volunteer Cultivator training system that ensures Cultivators are trained by and supported by a full-time Cultivation Specialist who is expert in our method and understands and knows how to support them in all the dynamics that surround cultivating passions.
The basics of Cultivating include:
- Come to the after school program center three times a week to work with a group of struggling grade school students.
- Complete a Cultivator training that teaches you how to cultivate passions.
- Meet your Cultivator Specialist to make sure you have the full time support of an expert every week you Cultivate.
- Use our hundreds of passion project templates to plan your classes.
Other cool parts of being a Cultivator:
- No experience needed - We will train and support you in our new teaching method after just one month!
- Efficient passion planning - Your Cultivator Specialist will teach you how to cultivate different passions if you are in a jam.
Next steps in becoming a Cultivator:
- Interested, but want to learn more? Check our website out: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdxzd9fkY2U8jZYLpJ6TklRLLjM2L9XP6c8ynaEg0a0ZN-waQ/viewform
- Really excited to become a Cultivator? Submit an application: https://www.thiebautmethod.org/volunteer.html
What you can expect:
- A call from us. We’ll ask you some basic questions to make sure we’re a good fit with your schedule and interests, and will give you more information about Cultivating.
Want more information:
- Read our volunteer webpage - https://www.thiebautmethod.org/volunteer.html
- Read our mission webpage -
- See photos of our students and their passions - https://www.thiebautmethod.org/passionportfolio.html
About Thiebaut Method
1238 Westminster Ave., East Palo Alto, CA 94303, US
Thiebaut Method is an after school program where struggling students become highly skilled in their passions. At TM, students work one-on-one with cultivators, independently, and in peer groups on projects inspired by their passions that develop creative and practical skills. TM is a place where "learning" and "fun" are synonymous and students get really good at doing what they love!
- Students are in grades K-8 and must live or attend school in the Ravenswood School District or be enrolled in the Tinsley Voluntary Transfer Program
- Student must show proof of struggling in school to qualify for enrollment
- After school hours: 3-6 PM Monday-Friday
We'll work with your schedule.
1238 Westminster AvenueEast Palo Alto, CA 94303
February 20, 2020
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Child Development
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 9 - 12 hours a week