Cables & Lights Committee
ORGANIZATION: PROJECT GRADUATION-CANYON DEL ORO HIGH SCHOOL
Please visit the new page to apply.
This position works in May at the event. You will direct and assist with the installation of our ceiling cables & lights this is done the Friday prior to our event and may run till Saturday to complete.
What is needed for this position?
- Running/Operating a scissor lift
- If possible create a plan/procedures on how this job is completed
- Ability to direct volunteers safely
- Utilize/maintain the Google -Gmail assigned to this committee
- Update procedures on the Google drive, any expenses, receipts, etc
- Available the Friday prior our event (8 AM-5 PM) to direct
We host 8 meetings a year on Wednesday evenings at 6PM. If you are unable to attend and are able to send someone in your place, fantastic. If not, we ask that you submit a written report to the Internal Relations chair to add to the meeting agenda. (Even if just to say nothing new, so we know you are still involved)
Three meetings a year that are mandatory for this position:
- August - First meeting of year, we talk about the theme, it’s our Open house to recruit new volunteers, and we give the approved budget information.
- January - The new year we get together to ensure we are all on the same page, know what to expect at the event and ensure everyone is still on board. Several committee’s present their final ideas for the event it is great to have feed back.
- April - This meeting we are getting all the event details completed, we get our Green books (details about event), our green shirts if working event, parking passes, etc.
This position could sustain a co-chair to assist. So bring a friend more hands make for less work! To see what we do and who we are: https://youtu.be/ZVHw-AR7CLE
8 More opportunities with PROJECT GRADUATION-CANYON DEL ORO HIGH SCHOOL1 Review
About PROJECT GRADUATION-CANYON DEL ORO HIGH SCHOOL
25 W CALLE CONCORDIA, TUCSON, AZ 85704, US
To keep graduates and the community safe on one of the deadliest nights on the year, graduation night. Giving graduates a safe drug and alcohol-free way to celebrate this life achievement.
Project Graduation is a lock-in event held at three local high schools allowing graduating seniors the opportunity to enjoy an all-night party on campus under the supervision of adults instead of taking to the streets and house parties to celebrate. The concept isn’t an Oro Valley invention by any means but was started locally nearly two decades ago by former council member Mary Snider. Before her stead in Oro Valley, Snider and her family lived in California and experienced the community-wide benefit of hosting students at the high school. "The energy on graduation night can sometimes be fatal and dangerous, so we want to provide them an alternative activity, and for 17 years, it’s been sold out," Snider said. "Kids come and they love it, and now it’s legendary." When Snider moved to town, she knew in her heart the public would benefit from such an initiative-so she brought the idea to Oro Valley Police Department Chief Daniel Sharp. It wasn’t a difficult sell, and the rest is history. "Our most valuable renewable resource is the youth," Sharp said. "The fact that the community sees that and comes out year after year...That’s what makes Oro Valley special; how the community rallies and takes care of our kids."
25 W Calle ConcordiaOro ValleyOro Valley, AZ 85704
January 4, 2023
- Warehouse Equipment Operations
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- 8 -2Hour meetings a year, 2 days (Friday & Saturday in May) of event set up and 1 day (Saturday) of event breakdown
- Ability to direct volunteers, Procedures/processes of cabling and lighting wiring