1 person is interested
ORGANIZATION: PROJECT GRADUATION-CANYON DEL ORO HIGH SCHOOL
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
This is a vital position that must be filled. This position works with Canyon Del Oro High school, District, OVPD, Golder Ranch Fire, and OV building inspectors for our event.
Most of the work for this position starts in January.
- You and the Internal Relations Chair will meet with the school admins to ensure they know what we need from them.
- How many tables we need to borrow (when they should be delivered)
- When they should clear the weight room, clean floors, clean restrooms, etc.
- You will need to send information to the fire inspector, building inspector, etc. prior to inspections.
- Decorations chair will send you the fire certificate for any rented backdrops
- Decorations will send you "Set Descriptions & Site Development Report"
- Decorations will send you "Product information Report" if any
- You may need to submit: electrical report, Event Emergency plan (contact inspectors to see what they need in January)
- Attend the inspection on the Monday prior to our event normally around 12-1PM
- Order chairs & lift from District
- Rent round tables for the event
This position oversees the following committees, to ensure they are on track:
- Cables & Lights, Decorations, Drapes, Entertainment, Food, Transportation
We host 8 meetings a year on Wednesday evenings at 6PM. If you are unable to attend and are able to send someone in your place, fantastic. If not, we ask that you submit a written report to the Internal Relations chair to add to the meeting agenda. (Even if just to say nothing new, so we know you are still involved)
This position has four meetings that are mandatory for this position:
- July - This is the first meeting of year where we plan for Registration, vote on budget, and capital spending.
- August - First meeting of year, we talk about the theme, it’s our Open house to recruit new volunteers, and we give the approved budget information.
- January - The new year we get together to ensure we are all on the same page, know what to expect at the event and ensure everyone is still on board. Several committee’s present their final ideas for the event it is great to have feed back.
- April - This meeting we are getting all the event details completed, we get our Green books (details about event), our green shirts if working event, parking passes, etc.
Things need to be done by committee:
- Utilize/maintain the Gmail assigned to you
- Use the Google drive assigned to you (keep a spreadsheet of spending, copies of receipts, samples of your designs, update your procedures if changes/improvements made
To see what we do and who we are: https://youtu.be/ZVHw-AR7CLE
8 More opportunities with PROJECT GRADUATION-CANYON DEL ORO HIGH SCHOOL1 Review
About PROJECT GRADUATION-CANYON DEL ORO HIGH SCHOOL
25 W CALLE CONCORDIA, TUCSON, AZ 85704, US
To keep graduates and the community safe on one of the deadliest nights on the year, graduation night. Giving graduates a safe drug and alcohol-free way to celebrate this life achievement.
Project Graduation is a lock-in event held at three local high schools allowing graduating seniors the opportunity to enjoy an all-night party on campus under the supervision of adults instead of taking to the streets and house parties to celebrate. The concept isn’t an Oro Valley invention by any means but was started locally nearly two decades ago by former council member Mary Snider. Before her stead in Oro Valley, Snider and her family lived in California and experienced the community-wide benefit of hosting students at the high school. "The energy on graduation night can sometimes be fatal and dangerous, so we want to provide them an alternative activity, and for 17 years, it’s been sold out," Snider said. "Kids come and they love it, and now it’s legendary." When Snider moved to town, she knew in her heart the public would benefit from such an initiative-so she brought the idea to Oro Valley Police Department Chief Daniel Sharp. It wasn’t a difficult sell, and the rest is history. "Our most valuable renewable resource is the youth," Sharp said. "The fact that the community sees that and comes out year after year...That’s what makes Oro Valley special; how the community rallies and takes care of our kids."
25 W Calle ConcordiaOro ValleyOro Valley, AZ 85704
January 1, 2023
- Event Management
- Program Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- 10-11 months annually, 8-9 meetings (once a month) Wednesdays, 6 PM, coordinating and organize needs for May event.
- able to work with volunteers, reach out for donations, prepare for inspections, and oversee seven committees