COMPANION & PATIENT SUPPORT - Upper Dauphin County, Northumberland
YOU can make a difference in the life of someone at a very difficult time in his or her life!
How can you make that happen?
- Offer companionship and share a few hours of your time each month;
- Offer a smile, a hug, a kind word;
- Be a presence for someone who is lonely;
- Sit with a patient to give a weary caregiver a much needed break;
- Run errands for someone who can no longer leave home;
- Read or provide music (instrument, singing, or cell phone!);
- Share your certified/trained best friend (dog, cat, bunny, miniature horse!) and see a face light up immediately!
Volunteers are required to complete an Orientation which can be done as a self-study in the comfort of you own home and at your own pace. Volunteers also have a background check completed and a 2-step PPD (TB) Test. Any costs are covered by Homeland Hospice.
Needs exist today, in your community (including Pitman, Dornsife, Herdon, Millersburg) and we would welcome the opportunity to talk more with you about how to get connected!
* Homeland Hospice's office is located in Harrisburg, but serves 14 South Central PA counties, including - Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Northumberland, Perry, Schuylkill, and York. Volunteers share where it is that they would like to serve - near home or work, in a patient's home or a facility.
About Homeland Hospice
2300 Vartan Way, Suite 270, Harrisburg, PA 17110, US
To provide the highest quality of care to patients and families during the terminal stages of life.
Homeland Hospice utilizes a team approach to provide care to patients with a life limiting illness. We encourage patients and their families to live each day as fully as possible. Our focus is symptom management and quality of life. We believe everyone has the right to die with dignity. The team includes: physicians, nurses, social workers, chaplains, aides, volunteers, complementary therapists; with the patient and family always at the center of focus.
We'll work with your schedule.
Throughout service areaUpperDauphin, Northumberland CountiesMillersburg, PA 17061
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- As flexible as you choose! But it is recommended that a half hour to an hour visit be made weekly to develop a relationship.
- 2-Step PPD/TB Test (Paid by Homeland)