12 people are interested
Treasurer: Offer financial guidance to the Chair of SCORE Philadelphia
ORGANIZATION: SCORE Philadelphia
Please visit the new page to apply.
12 people are interested
The SCORE Philadelphia Treasurer will offer financial guidance to the Chair of SCORE Philadelphia ensuring fiscal planning, decision-making and oversight at a governance level.
Principle duties are as follows:
- Generate and oversee the implementation of financial policies and procedures
- Monitor the organization’s financial performance and identify material discrepancies between budgeted and actual results
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget, forecast and cash flow statements
- Ensure that the chapter maintains the appropriate financial books and records and that these are accurate and timely
- Generate and analyze monthly financials from Sage Intacct, for discussion with Executive team
- Complete and submit all government financial packages in accordance with the terms and on a timely basis. Monthly reconcile the City grant submissions and payments in accordance with the grant
- Verify that donations are appropriately managed and that grants contracts are accounted for in accordance with the reporting requirements of the donors
- Review and analyze the National Allocation account
- Review Sage Intacct financial transactions on a weekly basis to ensure that accounting by SCORE National is accurate
- Stay current on SCORE National Centralized Accounting regulations and Intacct Updates.
- Support the SCORE Philadelphia Administrator on proper coding of financial transactions
- Ability to effectively interact with SCORE National Accounting Team
- Generate Ad Hoc reports and analyses as required
This is an opportunity for an individual who is committed to and understands the SCORE Philadelphia’s vision and mission. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Professional Accounting Degree
- Minimum of 5-7 years of hands-on accounting expertise
- Ability to work independently
- Detail orientated with experience in Non-Profit organizations
- Must understand and meet all financial and government filing deadlines
We are currently looking for an individual who could commit to 2-10 hours per week. The position may require day or evening phone call meetings with Leadership or SCORE National,
About SCORE Philadelphia
632 North 2nd St., Unit 786, Philadelphia, PA 19123, US
SCORE, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentoring. Our mission is to foster vibrant small business communities through mentoring and education.
SCORE, America's premier source of free and confidential small business advice for entrepreneurs and small businesses, is a nonprofit resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). We have over 300 SCORE offices across the country and 10,000 volunteers offering free business mentoring and low- or no-cost workshops.
For over 50 years, SCORE's thousands of working and retired business professionals have volunteered to support the success of small business nationwide. SCORE business mentoring is free and confidential.
- Free, confidential business mentoring in person, via email or by video
- Volunteer mentors who share their expertise across industries
- Free business tools, templates and tips online
- Inexpensive or free business workshops (locally) and webinars (online 24/7)
632 North 2nd St.Unit 786Philadelphia, PA 19123
February 14, 2024
- Financial Planning
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Cost Analysis
- People 55+
- Minimum of 10-15 hours a week required, with additional hours based on stated deadlines
- Complete your volunteer application at www.score.org/volunteer-registration.