Teen Center Assistant
2 people are interested
Teen Center Assistants participate in developing, implementing, supervising, and evaluating educational, recreational, and social programs in the Teen Center. These volunteers will work directly with the Pathways Manager, support staff, program partners, and volunteers to run educational and fun activities for nearly 100 teens each afternoon in the areas of robotics, art, technology, career & college readiness, and more.
- Maintain a safe and fun working environment for the teens
- Greet and check in all members
- Plan and implement weekly programs such as SMART Girls and Passport to Manhood
- Provide career and college planning assistance to members
- Use behavior management strategies to defuse inappropriate behavior and communicate behavior incidents with the Pathways Manager
- Provide ideas and feedback for potential projects
- Be a flexible member of the Boys & Girls Club team
- Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
- Previous experience in youth development, education, or after school programs
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Strong communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively with youth ages 13-18
- Experience managing multiple priorities
- Well organized, able to work both independently and collaboratively
About BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF GREATER LOWELL
657 MIDDLESEX STREET, LOWELL, MA 01851, US
To inspire and enable young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
With more than 100 years of history, the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell has been serving generations of the community’s youth as a safe place to learn and grow. We currently have over 300 club members, and we strive to help them develop into valued, impactful citizens within their community.
Currently, 21.5% of the Lowell population is in poverty, making Lowell the 16th most impoverished city in Massachusetts. In the 2015-2016 academic year, almost 20% of Lowell High School students did not graduate within 4 years.
The purpose of the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell is to provide the youth of Lowell with a safe space to challenge themselves academically, engage with their peers, adopt healthy habits, and become valued members of society.
We'll work with your schedule.
657 Middlesex StreetLowell, MA 01851
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Life Coaching
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Hours: Monday - Friday 3:00 pm- 8:00 pm- Must be available at least one day a week