7 people are interested
Help Seniors learn technology as a Computer Class Instructor!
7 people are interested
Are you interested in working with individuals who are learning basic computer skills? Do you have personal or professional experience in teaching or mentoring?
If so, then please consider volunteering to become a Computer Class Instructor for our Computer and Internet Classes at the Arlington Heights Senior Center. Our Computer Class Instructor volunteers provide computer instruction from standard materials developed by library staff on Windows 10 PCs or Apple or Android mobile devices. To be considered for this opportunity, you must be at least 18 years old and have weekday daytime availability.
What qualities do we look for in a Computer Class Instructor?
An individual who:
- Can communicate effectively with adult learners in a classroom setting.
- Is flexible and patient when working with varying ability levels of participants.
- Can work cooperatively with a classroom coach and with other program volunteers.
- Has the ability to troubleshoot minor computer and equipment problems.
What is the time commitment?
- Classes are held on weekdays during the day at the Arlington Heights Senior Center (1801 W. Central Rd.); the exact days are determined by the class schedule.
- This is an on-going public service position; consistent attendance is required.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Arlington Heights Memorial Library
500 N Dunton Avenue, Arlington Heights, IL 60004, US
We believe in: Unparalleled Customer Service: our best-in-class staff strives for continuous improvement by identifying and providing the services our residents and businesses need most. Free and Equal Access: all individuals have the right to choose for themselves what to read, hear, or view. Fiscal Responsibility: all decisions are weighed against the value added to the lives of our customers. A Focus on Arlington Heights: we are a part of the fabric of our community; all services are tailored to the unique needs of our residents and businesses.
The Arlington Heights Memorial Library strives to add value in our customers’ lives by:
- partnering with them to develop skills they need to succeed in all stages of their lives;
- helping local businesses and community agencies thrive;
- creating occasions for cultural experiences and discovery; and
- offering opportunities in Arlington Heights for gathering, learning, contemplating, creating, and finding inspiration.
1801 W Central RdArlington Heights, IL 60005
September 13, 2021
- Teaching / Instruction
- Adult Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training