Change a Child's Life - Become a Mentor
HARBOR HOPE CENTER
BECOME A MENTOR FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL OR HIGH SCHOOOL STUDENTS AND CHANGE THEIR LIVES
At-risk young adults who had a mentor were:
- 55% more likely to enroll in college.
- 46% less likely than their peers to start using illegal drugs and 27% less likely to start drinking.
- 130% more likely to hold leadership positions.
Harbor Hope Center is a private, non-profit that serves homeless and at-risk students to help them finish school and learn essential life skills that will help them avoid homelessness and become healthy self-sustaining members of the community. We serve the greater Gig Harbor/Key Peninsula communities.
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION
- Mentoring pairs a student with a positive adult role model who provides support and guidance.
- Meet together weekly with a student.
- Help at-risk students develop key life skills, become self sufficient and thrive after graduation.
- Make a one-year commitment and have a once-a-week meeting.
About HARBOR HOPE CENTER
PO BOX 2291, GIG HARBOR, WA 98335, US
Harbor Hope Center is dedicated to bettering the lives of those in need in Gig Harbor and the Key Peninsula. Our vision is "No Neighbor With Unmet Needs."
We serve homeless and at-risk youth through five pillars of service:
- Host Home Program for Homeless Students
- Mentoring for Students and Parents