Disaster Action Team Member - Kenosha County
1 person is interested
To serve on a Disaster Action Team as a worker on a DAT response to provide 24-hour immediate support and assistance to individuals and families who have been impacted by a home fire or other local disaster.
- Works as part of an assigned team to respond to local disasters within two hours.
- Delivers immediate direct client assistance in accordance with Red Cross standards and procedures.
- Works with on-scene lead to assess whether additional resources/support are required and communicates those needs to DAT Leadership.
- Attends regularly scheduled team/DAT meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
- Commits to being available during assigned shifts, and communicate scheduling conflicts with DAT Leadership.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by DAT Leadership.
About AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
2600 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53233, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Whether helping one displaced family or thousands, providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran, or teaching others how to respond in emergencies, it’s through the efforts of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
We'll work with your schedule.
123 Amber LaneKenosha, WI 53144
January 24, 2020
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Disaster Response
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year commitment requested