Mobile Graphics Installer Apprentice (Volunteer) County-wide
Explore / gain experience in the installation and removal of vinyl graphics as a Board of County Commissioners’ volunteer.
- NO PRIOR INSTALLER EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
- Training and a F1 Pick-Up Truck are provided for the purposes of performing the assignment. Vehicle will be picked up from Bartow office each day of assignment.
- Just like to be helpful? Want a reason to get outdoors? Would like to learn a new craft? Like to be on the move - not sitting at a desk? Visit different locations in Polk?
- Enjoy a flexible schedule?
- Assignment may appeal to individuals who like working with their hands in detail oriented hobbies like carpentry, landscaping or working on cars.
Meet with Fleet Management Staff to receive training for visiting county facilities and replacing/installing faded or outdated vinyl graphic decals onto assorted county vehicles. Equipment will be provided. Take before and after photos of each vehicle serviced. Project duration is flexible at this time, in relation to how much time you are available and how many vehicles are in need of decal upgrades. Gain experience in decal application and removal; and take pride in knowing you have provided these vehicles with upgraded professional appearances.
- Clean driving record
- Possess a Florida Driver’s License
- Smoking is not permitted in/around county vehicles.
- Once assigned, attend County Defensive Driving Course (Check with your insurance carrier - may give you a discount to have this.)
- Comfortable driving F-1 Pick-Up Truck
- Comfortable operating (training provided) a small 1200 Watt generator for plugging in heat gun.
- Comfortable using a heat gun for installation of decal.
- Sharp eye for detail - spot for bubbles/wrinkles and levelness and positioning of graphic.
- Assignment requires the ability to stand, bend, kneel, squat, see and hand & finger dexterity.
- Ability to read a tape measure to 1/16".
- Background Screen (no cost) and Driving Record Review
About Volunteer Polk
1290 Golfview Avenue, Bartow, FL 33830, US
Volunteer Polk’s Mission We mobilize volunteers and resources to improve the quality of life for people throughout Polk County.
Polk County volunteers are seeking to:
- Make A Difference,
- Meet Others, and/or to
- Maximize their Career Skills - while assisting various agencies in County government.
Assignments are targeted to make a difference in the areas of:
- Education -STEM
- Economic Development & Community
- Health & Nutrition
- Public Safety
You may choose to volunteer once-a-week or once-in-a-while!
We'll work with your schedule.
Polk County Fleet ManagementBartowBartow, FL 33830
- Graphic Design
- Auto Mechanics / Repair
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Weekends and evenings are also available as well as weekdays. Once assigned, check-in anytime Mon-Fri 7:00 am – 5:00 pm as we need to make sure we have the supplies available.
- See description above