Brooklyn Take Steps
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
5 people are interested
Brooklyn Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis - Sunday June 2 nd, 2019 at MCU Park at Coney Island is fast approaching and you’re invited!
We’re really hoping you'll help make our event a success. We’re very excited, as this year we are making some great improvements to our festival, walk and finish areas and can’t wait to share this special event with you.
We need 60-80 volunteers for the following times and responsibilities include*:
Set-up - 7:00AM-10:30AM (15-20 volunteers)
- Aide with unloading the supplies and materials
- Arrange boxes in proper tents/area & position barricades around event
- Aide with set-up & decorating for event
- Arrange balloons, hang banners, set-up tables and other decorations
- Assist hanging event signage
- Set-up display materials in information tents
- Assist vendors in getting their materials and tents set-up
- Troubleshoot festival kick-off to ensure all set-up is complete
Festival - 10:00AM-2:30PM (30-40 volunteers)
- Arrive before festival kick-off to learn layout and get into assigned activity which can include:
- Assist with KID ZONE tent
- Monitor and facilitate children activities including face painting, spin art, a bounce house and various other activities
- Assist at the banner & sign making tent
- Help distribute T-shirts and incentives
- Help distribute food in food tent and/or VIP catered tent
- Help distribute informational materials from Mission Tent
- Help usher participants from Registration/Check-in Tent into the festival
- Mediate the GI Doctor Tent with visitors and questions
Walk Route & Spirit Crew - 10:30AM-:1:30PM (10 volunteers)
- Act as "walk route guides" along the walk route cheering and guiding walkers along the way!
Event Breakdown - 1:00PM-3:00PM(5-10 volunteers)
Upon arrival, you will be helping to aid in wrapping-up the activities of the festival.
- Rented tables, chairs, etc need to be grouped together for pick-up.
- Bins, boxes and materials need to be loaded into rental truck.
- All signs, balloons and trash need to be collected and properly packed or thrown away.
- Leftover food must be ushered to the front table for distribution to returning walkers and then after the last participant returns the food will be the last thing loaded into the truck for delivery.
- When participants begin to return back from the walk route your purpose will be to welcome back the walkers across the "finish-line" by cheering them on and giving them a feeling of team "spirit!"
(*Times and responsibilities are subject to change)
This is a fun event and we cannot make this walk happen without your help!
To sign up for one or all of the available times - or if you have any further questions - please contact me.
Looking forward to seeing you on June 7th!
About Crohn's & Colitis Foundation - Greater NY Chapter
120 Broadway Suite 1050A, New York, NY 10271, US
The mission of the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation is to cure Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, and to improve the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases. Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis are collectively known as inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD). The Foundation sponsors basic and clinical research of the highest quality. We also offer a wide range of educational programs for patients and healthcare professionals, while providing supportive services to help people cope with these chronic intestinal diseases. These programs are supported solely through our donors, grants, fundraising efforts, and sponsors.
Our areas of focus include:
- Research Programs-The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation has provided more than $267 million for research on the treatment and cures of IBD.
- Education Programs-The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation provides information and education for the more than 1.6 million IBD patients and their families through a variety of channels.
- Support Services-The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation support services are delivered through local chapters, which offer more than 200 support groups annually.
- Advocacy-The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation recruits and organizes IBD patients, as well as their family members, friends, caregivers and doctors, to raise their voices and become actively involved in advancing our public policy goals and increased research funding.
- Quality of Care-IBD Qorus(tm) is the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation's national quality of care initiative that seeks to identify, implement, and improve standard practices for treating patients with Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
- Clinical Trials Community-The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation is educating and supporting patients interested in participating in clinical trials.
- Fundraising Initiatives-Essential to the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation's mission, local Foundation Chapters generate revenue through Take Steps, Team Challenge, spin4 crohn's & colitis cures and other special events.
MCU Park1904 Surf AveBrooklyn, NY 11224
- People 55+
- Several shifts are available. Volunteer for one shift or the whole day!