Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation is to cure Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, and to improve the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases. Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis are collectively known as inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD). The Foundation sponsors basic and clinical research of the highest quality. We also offer a wide range of educational programs for patients and healthcare professionals, while providing supportive services to help people cope with these chronic intestinal diseases. These programs are supported solely through our donors, grants, fundraising efforts, and sponsors.
Our areas of focus include:
- Research Programs-The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation has provided more than $267 million for research on the treatment and cures of IBD.
- Education Programs-The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation provides information and education for the more than 1.6 million IBD patients and their families through a variety of channels.
- Support Services-The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation support services are delivered through local chapters, which offer more than 200 support groups annually.
- Advocacy-The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation recruits and organizes IBD patients, as well as their family members, friends, caregivers and doctors, to raise their voices and become actively involved in advancing our public policy goals and increased research funding.
- Quality of Care-IBD Qorus(tm) is the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation's national quality of care initiative that seeks to identify, implement, and improve standard practices for treating patients with Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
- Clinical Trials Community-The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation is educating and supporting patients interested in participating in clinical trials.
- Fundraising Initiatives-Essential to the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation's mission, local Foundation Chapters generate revenue through Take Steps, Team Challenge, spin4 crohn's & colitis cures and other special events.