Executive Team Intern - 2021 - 2022 School Year
The Arc Minnesota
This stipend eligible position is for the 2021-2022 school year and includes a $1000 stipend paid in December and May. This position assists with The Arc’s strategic planning, community messaging, staff development and workflow processing. Work is conducted in collaboration and under supervision of the Chief Executive Officer and her Executive Assistant.
- Facilitate Executive Team Work Planning meetings and/or work groups
- Document ideas, questions, concerns and possible solutions based on information shared within the facilitated meetings
- Analyze information shared in meetings for themes and create possible next steps or scenarios
- Create power points, summary documents, work plans and other pieces of communication to share with staff, Arc stakeholders and the community at-large
- Organizational and strategic related projects as requested
- Other duties as needed
Professional Development Opportunities:
- Includes a $1000 stipend payable in December and May or the utilization of work-study if eligible.
- Will gain a better understanding of the issues facing the disability community
- Demonstrate professional demeanor in behavior, appearance and communication to multiple audiences
- Apply knowledge of services, policies and programs relevant to the disability community
- Learn effective group and meeting facilitation, project management and summary document creation
- Demonstrates skill in effective use of resources and supports
- Must be available Wednesdays 10am - 2pm & Mondays/Tuesdays if schedule allows for meeting prep
- Active listening and group facilitation skills
- Research and analysis skills; based on information provided in group meetings
- Project management and creation of summary documents
- Ability to successfully work both as a team member and independently
- Effective communication via PowerPoint, summary document, work plan or other pieces of communication
Time Commitment: This is 10-14 hours per week a strategic planning and work process focused position for the 2021-2022 school year. An exit interview will also be conducted to gauge intern experience and to make recommendations for improvement.
The Arc Minnesota is a statewide nonprofit organization that works to promote and protect the human rights of people who have intellectual and developmental disabilities. Through statewide programs and services, we help people navigate systems while working to advance social change centered in justice, equity, and belonging in community.
About The Arc Minnesota
2446 University Ave W, Suite 110, Saint Paul, MN 55114, US
The Arc promotes and protects the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, actively supporting them and their families in a lifetime of full inclusion and participation in their communities.
The Arc Minnesota changes attitutdes, changes policies, and changes lives. The Arc Minnesota does this by providing individuals and families information and assistance around disability rights, laws and services. The Arc also provides workshops, support groups, counseling, individual and systems advocacy from birth throughout the lifespan.