Game Designer / Level Designer
A Free Bird
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our focus is to provide children, ages 4-18 who are patients or survivors of juvenile cancer, the opportunity to explore their artistic passions and give them the strength to fight their disease. We believe that artistic expression is critical for healing! A Free Bird supports children affected by cancer in their exploration of art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing, and any other artistic passion they may have.
We are looking for a highly talented and experienced Game Designer/Level Designer to work out of an art educational mobile game for the children to learn all kinds of arts.
- Produce new and innovative features from beginning to end.
- Able to discuss among the team to create specific technical and aesthetic guidelines to game assets.
- Help writing C Sharps scripts, improve and perfect shader, texture, and lighting.
- Abstract, preserve and generate detailed game design documentation throughout the project series.
- Assist with the elimination of daily problematic and production issues.
- 3D modeling, texturing, UV Editing, lighting, and rendering.
- Knowledge of Maya or 3ds Max, Unity, Visual Studio, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- C Sharp is highly required.
- Previous game design experience is ideal.
It would be ideal if the candidate has experience with general 3D and Animation skills.
Due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19 and its severity, this will be a remote work from home position. The organization has committed to our interns/volunteers’ health and we will adapt to the new working environment accordingly. A Free Bird is building our services even in this difficult time of the coronavirus to provide the best services to the children and are looking for self-motivated and hardworking individuals. Proper at-home working capabilities include Laptop, SmartPhone, and connection to WiFi/internet. Must be available to have a phone/video conversation at least once per week.
About A Free Bird
146 smith st, Brooklyn, NY 11201, US
A Free Bird aims to provide the opportunity for children diagnosed with cancer to continue explore their artistic passion, and to give them the strength and the power to fight their disease.
A Free Bird is a start-up non-profit organization dedicated to fighting childhood cancer through art and music therapy. We provide children aged 6 -18, who are diagnosed with cancer, the chance to pursue their passion for the arts.
We believe that the strength and healing powers of the arts are the best therapy!
A Free Bird supports children diagnosed with cancer in their exploration of art, music, acting, poetry, creative writing, graphic design, singing, and any other artistic passions that they may have.
A Free Bird addresses the needs of both children currently fighting cancer and of recovering children through two main programs Dream, FIGHT FREE and FREE.