Hospice Administration: Ground floor opportunity with a great team!
Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care of Pasco
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
25 people are interested
Seasons Hospice, a nationwide hospice provider with offices in Hillsborough and Pinellas, is now expanding our services into Pasco County! We are excited to be opening our new office in Wesley Chapel at the end of January, but we could sure use your help.
Volunteers are an integral part of the Seasons Hospice team, providing compassion and care when it is needed most. The heart and hands of hospice, they provide a special kind of caring to patients, families, and staff through helping to make the hospice experience manageable and rewarding.
Whatever your specialty or passion, there is a place for you as a volunteer with Seasons Hospice. You can increase the quality of life of patients and families who are affected by a terminal illness. You can volunteer all over Pasco, at our Wesley Chapel office, or from your home!
We are currently training for the following indirect care positions:
- Office Volunteers-- join us in our friendly Wesley Chapel office to assist with administrative work, Monday through Friday. Hours are flexible!
- Circle of Care Volunteers-- volunteer for 2 hours a week, on Thursday mornings, by making phone calls to a group of patients to "tuck them in" for the weekend and ensuring they have the supplies, medications, and support they need. Calls can be made from our office or your own home.
Other volunteer opportunities include:
- Direct Patient Care Volunteers-- visit patients in homes and assisted living facilities all over Pasco County. Put your creative/artistic skills to use in assisting patients with a legacy project, or use your listening skills to offer companionship and support.
- Vigil Volunteers-- offer your comfort and presence to the patient and family during the last hours of life.
- Namaste-- a specialized program for our dementia patients that uses light touch and sensory stimulation such as: applying lotion to hands or face.
- Music Companion and Spiritual Companion Volunteers-- do you have a musical talent or a skill for offering spiritual comfort to people? You can share that with patients and families.
- Respite Volunteers-- offer a much-needed break to a family caregiver by making one-time, 2-4 hour long visits to patients while the caregiver takes some time for themselves.
Fill out the application at http://www.seasons.org/page/Volunteering to get started!
About Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care of Pasco
2644 Cypress Ridge Blvd., Suite 104, Wesley Chapel, FL 33544, US
Our Mission: Honoring Life ~ Offering Hope. Our Vision is: to recognize that individuals and families are the true experts in their own care; support our staff so they can put our patients and families first; find creative solutions which add quality to life; strive for excellence beyond accepted standards; increase the community’s awareness of hospice as part of the continuum of care.
Giving Meaning to Every Minute
In every life situation we have a choice as to how we react. At no time is this more profound than in facing the end of life or the death of a loved one.
These months, days, weeks and moments can be among life’s most precious - and that is precisely the reason that Seasons Hospice exists. We will do everything in our power to ease pain and provide physical and emotional comfort and support for our patients and their families and friends.