Come join an instant community-as Northeastern Area's Volunteer Coordinator!
ORGANIZATION: Special Olympics Montana
Please visit the new page to apply.
Special Olympics Montana Northeastern Area is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to invite others in their community to participate in the joy-inspiring experience of volunteering with Special Olympics.
The Volunteer Coordinator supports the work and progress of athletes by recruiting and managing volunteers for competition opportunities and special events at the local area level. The Volunteer Coordinator promotes volunteerism with SOMT and the local area through effective communication to/from volunteers and dedication to the mission of Special Olympics Montana.
- Volunteer Recruitment: With the assistance of local leaders and games planning committees, identify volunteer needs, create recruitment messages and implement recruitmen
- Orientation & Training: Review Volunteer Handbook with all new volunteers and connect them with appropriate training opportunities.
- General Placement & Management: Assign and schedule volunteers for various positions during Area competition events and local special events, while overseeing volunteer registration at all Area competitions and special events. Establish and maintain volunteer contact lists for specific events and roles.
- Communication & Meeting Attendance: share current area and team opportunities; attend leadership meetings as well as all Area Games committee meetings as needed.
EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE: Prior experience with a nonprofit organization or sports organization
preferred. Ability to supervise and effectively delegate to other volunteers. The ability to communicate
openly and in a timely manner. Must complete Class A volunteer application and screening process through
Special Olympics Montana.
TRAINING PROVIDED: New coordinator orientation and position-specifc training provided by Special Olympics Montana staff. Ongoing training provided annually.
COMPENSATION: Smiles, hugs, and lifelong friendship! This is a volunteer, non-paid position. Allowable expense reimbursements are available.
BENEFITS: Be part of something great and help individuals with intellectual disabilities train for life through sports. Make friends, open hearts, change lives and be part of the Special Olympics movement.
62 More opportunities with Special Olympics Montana4 Reviews
About Special Olympics Montana
710 1st Ave N, Great Falls, MT 59401, US
The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes, and the community.
Special Olympics Montana is a nonprofit organization designed to provide year-round, statewide programs of physical fitness, sports training and athletic competition for children and adults with intellectual disabilities and closely related developmental disabilities.
Learn more at www.somt.org.
Multiple locations Glasgow, MT 59230
March 21, 2023
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- It depends on the season.
- Class A Volunteer Paperwork is required.