1 person is interested
Virtual Support Group Facilitator for Alzheimer's Caregivers
1 person is interested
We're looking for a Facilitator to facilitate our existing Google Hangouts Support Group (virtual) for younger caregivers. Volunteer Support Group Facilitators help group participants develop coping methods and encourage caregivers to maintain their personal, physical and emotional health. Support groups provide a place for friends and family to share valuable information, caregiving tips and concerns about their loved ones with Alzheimer's.
Location: Virtual via Zoom
Meetings: Evening TBD
Requirements: Computer, Access to Zoom app, Quiet Private Space to facilitate meeting
Skills & Abilities
- Required experience working with people with Alzheimer’s disease, their family members and/or caregivers
- Empathy for individuals and families struggling with the disease
- Personal or Professional caregiving/healthcare experience with dementia preferred
- Comfort with the expression of emotion
- Integrity, trustworthiness and discretion
- Active listening and verbal communication skills
- Strong interest in serving the community
- Experience as a caregiver or working directly with caregivers is helpful
- A willingness to seek out and provide up to date information on research, care and treatment to group members
- Ability to keep and submit sign-in records in a timely fashion
About Alzheimer's Association National Capital Area Chapter
8180 Greensboro Drive, Suite 400, McLean, VA 22102, US
The Alzheimer's Association is the world's leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. As part of a nationwide network of chapters, the Alzheimer's Association National Capital Area Chapter provides care and support to people with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias and their families and caregivers in the District of Columbia, five counties in suburban and Southern Maryland and eleven counties in Northern Virginia. For more than 30 years, we have provided reliable information and care consultation; created supportive services for families; increased funding for dementia research; and influenced changes in public policy. The Alzheimer's Association National Capital Area Chapter is a tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) nonprofit, donor-supported organization.
The National Capital Area Chapter is affiliated with the national Alzheimer's Association, headquarted in Chicago. We serve persons with Alzheimer's disease and related disorders, their families, caregivers,professionals and communities in Northern Virginia, suburban Maryland and Washington, DC through support, counseling information, referrals, education, advocacy and research.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 12, 2021
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- About 3 hours per month
- Google Hangouts, Background Check