Member, Board of Directors
The Next IT Girl
The Next IT Girl is a non profit organization mission to educate, mentor, and advance young women of color to pursue technology careers. We are bridging the gap of race and gender to increase the representation in the tech industry. We provide technical resources and programs to support technology exposure for underrepresented girls of color to learn technology.
We are seeking 5 new board members beginning mid February 2021. Each with expertise in one of the following areas.
1. Board - Finance
2. Board - Education/Community Involvement
3. Board - Marketing
4. Board - Non-profit Operations
5. Board - Fundraising
Board member terms are two years, with the option to be re-elected at the end of each term. Please review board responsibilities below:
- Collaborate with other board members to establish goals and action plans for The Next IT Girl
- Participate in fund development activities throughout the year, such as board meetings, educational, and fundraising events
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the Executive Director as to implement strategic plans to develop an annual budget and ways of raising funds to carry out those goals
- Reviewing programming and initiative outcomes and metrics to evaluate its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics
- Approving The Next IT Girl's annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the Executive Director
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing The Next IT Girl to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring The Next IT Girl's commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities The Next IT Girl serves
- Building relationships with individuals that can offer support to our organization and solicit donations from within their networks
- Work to contribute a minimum of $500 in funding through securing sponsorships, anniversary campaign, in-kind services from a vendor, or a personal donation
Board members may expect to serve on average 5-10 hours per month. Quarterly Meetings are the second Wednesday from 6:15 to 7:30 p.m. and subject to change. Committee meetings will be held in coordination with quarterly board meetings.
Qualifications: This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about The Next IT Girl's mission and who has a track record of community involvement. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in marketing, fundraising, philanthropy, education, or the nonprofit sector.
We Look Forward To Hearing From You!
About The Next IT Girl
3201 Downwood Cir NW, Atlanta, GA 30327, US
We help young women of color across the nation discover, pursue, and succeed in technology-related careers.
The Next IT Girl helps close the gender and racial gap by providing technical workshops, mentorship, and career readiness for young women of color ages 8-22 who are interested in pursuing a technology career. The Next IT Girl is a non profit organization mission to educate, mentor, and advance young women of color to pursue technology careers. We are bridging the gap of race and gender to increase the representation in the tech industry. We provide technical resources and programs to support technology exposure for underrepresented girls of color to learn technology.