2 people are interested
Spread joy of Special Olympics in the Bozeman Area! Become an Assistant Area Director today!
2 people are interested
Special Olympics in the Bozeman Area is searching for an Assistant Area Director!
Do you enjoy working with a team of dynamic volunteer leaders? Managing events? Creating new events? Then this position could be for you!
Primary Purpose: The Assistant Area Director supports the Area Director in ensuring the overall success of the Area and fulfills the Area Director’s duties in their absence as needed. The Assistant Area Director oversees the management of all current and historical Area documentation. This position also organizes the annual Area retreat.
- General: Acts as the Area Director in his/her absence; assists the Area Director with all primary duties.
- Calendar: With the help of the entire AMT, all planning committees and SOMT staff - develops, distributes and manages the Annual Area Calendar quarterly.
- Contact Lists: With the help of the entire AMT, all planning committees and SOMT staff - develops, distributes and manages the Area Contact List quarterly.
- Volunteer Management: Works with Area Director and SOMT Outreach Director/Coordinator to plan annual AMT retreat
- Meetings: Print and assemble all needed materials for AMT meetings.
- Committees: Collect reports from committees and include in monthly packet for AMT meetings; Oversees the Area’s Administrative Committee.
- Special Olympics Montana Connection: Participates in monthly Area Director calls with SOMT staff; Completes annual self-evaluation with Area Director and SOMT Outreach Director; Serves a 3-5 year term; may serve as the Area Director-elect.
COMPENSATION: Smiles, hugs, and lifelong friendships! This is a volunteer, non-paid position. Allowable expense reimbursements are available.
BENEFITS: Be part of something great and help individuals with intellectual disabilities train for life through sports. Make friends, open hearts, change lives and be part of the Special Olympics movement.
Volunteers are the Heartbeat of Special Olympics Montana where we serve over 2,000 athletes. To give these individuals the opportunities they enjoy, we need your help. Every volunteer is a potential spokesperson for Special Olympics Montana. Our success is driven by the dedication of our volunteer Management Teams, Area and Local Coordinators, Coaches and thousands of event volunteers. Find out what volunteer opportunities interest you. If you would like more general volunteer information please contact Nancy Undercofler, Outreach Director, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 406-564-0522. Check out www.somt.org for further information too.
About Special Olympics Montana
710 1st Ave N, Great Falls, MT 59401, US
The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes, and the community.
Special Olympics Montana is a nonprofit organization designed to provide year-round, statewide programs of physical fitness, sports training and athletic competition for children and adults with intellectual disabilities and closely related developmental disabilities.
Learn more at www.somt.org.
Big Sky Area Special OlympicsBozeman, MT 59715
November 11, 2021
- Event Design & Planning
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- Special Needs
- Program Management
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- It is flexible.
- Class A Volunteers are required to get a background check.