During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
The American Red Cross San Bernardino is looking for Board Members to help achieve their mission to "prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors."
A Board Member is a passionate leader who desires to make a positive impact on the community through their engagement in the Red Cross mission. In partnership with the local Executive, a board member will focus outwardly into the community to effectively mobilize support and resources around the Red Cross mission:
* Serves as the "Face of Red Cross" to maximize Red Cross presence and connectivity in a community
* Actively develops and grows financial resources to live out the mission
* Helps support mission delivery by connecting to and building relationships with strategic partners and volunteers
* Supports and advocates for "One Red Cross," as appropriate - Disaster, Service to the Armed Forces, Blood, Health and Safety, and International Services
Key responsibilities include:
1. RED CROSS PRESENCE & CONNECTIVITY: In partnership with the Executive, develops and implements strategies to achieve and maintain positive awareness of the Red Cross. Serves as the "Face of the Red Cross" in the community, representing the organization among various stakeholders, including government, community/civic, faith-based, educational, military, political, corporate, etc.
2. FUNDRAISING/FRIEND-RAISING: Partners with the Executive to develop and implement fundraising plans and strategies to ensure that revenue targets are achieved in order to deliver essential Red Cross services, locally, nationally and internationally. Engage and leverage their network of personal and professional associates to help achieve revenue targets. Identify, cultivate and steward potential and existing donors of influence and affluence. Actively serve on the committee(s) focused on the individual, corporate, foundation and/or special event channels.
3. MISSION CAPACITY BUILDING: Engage and leverage their network of personal and professional associates to cultivate and steward external partner relationships that create and maintain mission capacity. Support building capacity for service delivery through the effective involvement and engagement of volunteer groups and partners. Help ensure the Red Cross represents the diversity of the community served.
4. AMBASSADOR FOR ONE RED CROSS: Promote visibility/awareness of the entire mission as appropriate - disaster, service to armed forces, blood, health and safety, and international. Cultivate and steward external relationships that create and maintain connectedness within the community. Support building capacity for all lines of service delivery through the effective involvement and engagement of volunteers and partners.
Examples: Coordinate a presentation or training for their personal workplace or affiliated group. Encourage business, place of worship to conduct a blood drive.
Please check out this short video to hear current board members experience:
If you are interested, please send your resume to Juana Zapata at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689.
10600 N Trademark, Suite 406, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. People like you, serving as Blood Services Ambassadors helping to improve a blood donor's experience or serving as a Blood Driver, transporting lifesaving blood and blood product make a difference every day. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
10600 N. Trademark Parkway, Suite 406Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
April 7, 2020