Leader for Powerful Tools for Caregivers Workshop through Tri-County Office on Aging
2 people are interested
Become a Powerful Tools for Caregivers Leader!!
We are looking for enthusiastic people to lead workshops in Ingham, Clinton, and Eaton County.
Powerful Tools for Caregivers (PTC) is a 6-week workshop designed for caregivers to learn how to take better care of themselves while caring for someone else. Workshops are led by trained leaders and meets for 2 1/2 hours once/week for 6 weeks. Total commitment is 15 hours per workshop.
As a PTC Class Leader, you will help caregivers:
- Reduce stress and balance their life
- Improve self-confidence and communication skills
- Make tough decisions and manage difficult emotions
- Locate local resources and more!
What does the training program include?
- Scripted curriculum
- A copy of The Caregiver Helpbook, companion book to the class
- Interactive training provided by a team of certified Master Trainers
Things to know:
- Training consists of 2 full days (16 hours). You must attend both days of the training to be a leader.
- After training you must facilitate one workshop in the next 6 months and one workshop each year thereafter to remain active.
- Once trained, you will work with the program manager to schedule a workshop around your availability and desired location.
LEADER TRAINING DATES:
Next training date is TBD. To be placed on a waiting list contact Christine (see below for details).
To request an application or for more information contact Christine T. Histed at 517-887-1450 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About Tri-County Office on Aging
5303 S. Cedar St., Building 1, Lansing, MI 48911, US
Our mission is to promote and preserve the independence and dignity of the aging population.
The Tri-County Office on Aging (TCOA) was founded as the Area Agency on Aging in 1974 by Clinton, Eaton, and Ingham counties and the cities of Lansing and East Lansing. TCOA's mission is to promote and preserve the independence and dignity of the aging population.
As as not-for-profit organization, TCOA helps older adults access programs and benefits, improve their health, and remain active in their communities. Working in partnership with agencies and service providers across the area, TCOA embraces a person-centered philosopy that focuses on how a person wants to live their life while honoring their preferences.
Programs such as Meals on Wheels, health and wellness classes, caregiver supports, and general information and assistance make a significant, positive difference in the lives of local seniors.
We'll work with your schedule.
5303 S. Cedar St. Bldg. 1Lansing, MI 48911
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Training consists of 2 full days (16 hours). You must attend both days of the training to be a leader. After training you must facilitate one workshop in the next 6 months and one workshop each year thereafter to remain active.