Help Feed Individuals on Fixed Incomes!! Food Bank Volunteers Needed (Los Angeles, CA)
DONATE TO THIS
8 people are interested
Residents living on fixed incomes are often forced to choose between paying for housing or nutritious foods.
As a Food Bank volunteer with LINC Cares you will help low-income residents obtain extra food and supplies that are much needed in their households. Food Bank Volunteers at LINC Cares help the community by providing assistance with packaging and distributing the goods at the bi-weekly food bank. This helps improve low-income residents quality of life and promote their ability to live independently.
The food bank occurs on Fridays & Saturday Mornings
Learn new skills and have fun, all while improving the health of our community!
How to Enroll:
To qualify as a Food Bank Volunteer, applicants must be at least 16 years of age and submit to a background verification. Getting involved is as easy as taking 4 simple steps:
- Visit our website at: http://www.linchousing.org/linccares/vol_form.html and complete the online application.
- You will be contacted within days to schedule an orientation appointment.
- Attend an orientation where you will meet onsite staff, receive a tour of the facility, and be given an introduction to LINC and the responsibilities of its volunteers.
- You will be contacted after orientation for placement in the activity of your choice.
For more information, please contact Asia Bogan at 562-684-1148 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About LINC Housing
3590 Elm Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90807, US
LINC provides affordable housing for people underserved by the marketplace. Our communities are known for excellent design, outstanding management and life-enhancing services.
LINC Housing builds, owns, and operates affordable housing for low-income families and seniors throughout California. Its resident service department, LINC Cares, provides life-enhancing services to residents. Our staff members teach and collaborate with nearby agencies to facilitate classes and activities that cover health, exercise, financial literacy, after-school care, ESL, computer skills, crafts, volunteer opportunities, social events, and field trips to experience science, nature, and the arts.
Check us out!
Facebook - www.facebook.com/LINCCaresCA
Instagram - @LINC_Cares
We'll work with your schedule.
Lorena Heights Apartments3327 E. Sabina AveLos Angeles, CA 90023
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- People 55+
- Fridays & Saturday Morning Available