22 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Arlington Education and Employment Program (REEP)
Please visit the new page to apply.
22 people are interested
The job coach provides students in REEP’s workforce classes individualized support on a work-related goal.
Duties: Meet with students in small groups or one-on-one sessions to understand their goals and ambitions.
- Develop an effective job search and career growth plan for individual students.
- Show students how to utilize job search sites, create and edit resumes, apply to jobs, and fill out job applications.
- Prepare job coaching participants for job interviews, including simulating interviews.
- Advise students who have not chosen a career path about potential professions and education programs.
- Maintain confidentiality of students’ personal information.
- Conduct internet and telephone research outside the job coaching session to support student preparations as needed, likely 1-3 hours per week. Often REEP students have education and career experience from foreign countries, and research is required to translate their credentials for use on their US resumes.
- Present the job coaching program to prospective students in a five-minute presentation at the start of the term.
- Collect students from their classes when it is time for their job coaching sessions.
- Summarize progress during job coaching sessions and share these summaries with coordinators and other job coaches via email or Google spreadsheet. The summaries are to be written shortly after the job coaching session and distributed to all members of the job coaching mailing list.
- Notify Volunteer Coordinator in advance of any absences.
About Arlington Education and Employment Program (REEP)
2110 Washington Blvd. Room 106, Arlington, VA 22204, US
The Arlington Education and Employment Program (REEP) provides English classes to adults at convenient times and locations around Arlington. We also offer career development opportunities with English for child care provider classes, computer skills certification, and TOEFL preparation classes. Instruction at REEP includes language instruction, with U.S. culture, computer skills, community involvement, and workforce preparation integrated into the courses.
Since 1975, REEP has helped more than 90,000 adult English language learners from more than 90 countries. Our students come to us with the general goal of improving English in order to adjust to American society, but our services impact their lives as learners, citizens, family members, and workers. We provide English language training in a variety of settings and programs to accomodate all learners in various locations in Arlington,VA. In our Intensive Program, students study between 10 and 15 hours a week for 3-month cycles. The Outreach ESL Program provides free, drop-in style English classes at 3 community outreach centers in Arlington for those students unable to enroll in the more intensive programs of study.
2110 Washington Blvd.Arlington, VA 22204
November 9, 2022
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Adult Education
- Google Apps
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 9-week commitment. Prepare for and lead a series of job coaching sessions one morning or evening per week (3hrs/wk). Additional time to communicate with other volunteers and the volunteer coordinator, conduct research and attend training sessions.
- Qualifications: Fluency in English. Desire to help students succeed in their job search. Experience writing and editing resumes and completing job applications. Flexibility and patience necessary.