Hearts and Minds
Hearts and Minds is currently seeking a Bookkeeper to join our organization. We are looking for someone who is detail oriented, and is both a team player and capable of working independently.
- Reconcile the cash and credit activity of the organization.
- Record transactions in QuickBooks Online.
- Work with fellow volunteers on ad-hoc accounting projects as required.
- Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 1-2 years of professional experience working with QuickBooks required.
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel.
- Must be able to commit 5-6 hours per week for at least 6 months.
About Hearts and Minds
146 West 29th Street, Suite 7E, New York, NY 10001, US
Hearts and MindsSM works to help end extreme global poverty more quickly and cost effectively with programs that get to the roots of this major challenge. We accomplish this through public education, advocacy and lobbying for foreign aid and foreign policy reforms in the United States and eventually in other wealthy nations.
For many years, we provided tens of millions of people with inspiration and information to make a difference on major challenges including poverty, the environment, human rights, addictions, psychological and physical challenges. We’ve provided over 600 individuals with hands-on vocational experience.
Our focus now is helping end extreme global poverty. We’re revamping our website for this major expansion of our work.
Why volunteer with us?
- Flexible hours - we’ll work with your schedule!
- Develop skills with your choice of hands-on activities in our wide range of working groups.
- Friendly office - you can work directly with our president and other professionals.
For many activities, we require at least a year of experience. Except for those with high-level professional skills, we ask most volunteers to average at least 15 hours a week for at least a month. Some exceptions are possible.