Academic Tutoring with Middle or High School Students
8 people are interested
Mile High 360 is seeking academic volunteers who are dedicated to transforming the lives of our students. The responsibilities of our academic volunteers vary. We establish a connection with our volunteers and seek their input on desired roles and responsibilities. Current responsibilities of academic volunteers include some or all of the following:
- Tutoring and mentoring middle and/or high school students in an academic subject: reading, math, science and/or social studies
- Reviewing and supporting students with their homework
- Assist Mile High 360 staff on a project or whole group lesson
- Share a special skill or occupation to enrich student learning
- Write and deliver an academic lesson for a student that focuses on a specialized academic skill
- Mentor a student over the development of the academic journey
- Some college or post-secondary education
- Ability to volunteer for at least 1 hour weekly or bi-weekly on Tuesdays, 2:00pm - 6:00pm or Wednesdays 3:00-5:00, or Monday, Thursday, Friday from 3:45-6:00
- Belief in the importance of equity, inclusion and diversity
- Spanish skills preferred but not required
- Must pass a background check
Please email Natalie at email@example.com to learn more or sign-up for this opportunity.
About Mile High 360
1325 Glenarm pl, Denver, CO 80204, US
To ensure that socioeconomic status does not define a child’s future.
We support students in four aspects that leads to positive change and self-empowerment:
- Academic Achievement: We support learning beyond the classroom through homework help, one-on-one tutoring, focused enrichment in literacy and math, and project based learning.
- Life Skills: We nurture personal growth and resilience through our mentorship program and socioemotional lessons. Students are able to make positive life choices as they work in a group setting or with a volunteer mentor setting goals and discussing life decisions.
- Sports and health skills: Students engage and learn a sport in our program, either squash or cycling. Under the direction of their athletic coach, students learn important life skills to master the sport.
- Post-Secondary and Career Readiness-Students discover pathways to academic, professional and personal success through special events and programs such as financial literacy, college visits, and scholarship success.
We'll work with your schedule.
951 Elati StWest Leadership AcademyDenver, CO 80204
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training