Patient Engagement Volunteer
4 people are interested
Volunteers in this assignment demonstrate interest in public service and healthcare. Volunteers will provide non-medical support to the unit or clinic, by spending quality time visiting with patients to promote the delivery of outstanding service to patients, families and guests. In addition, volunteers will supporting the medical and administrative staff. This is a unique opportunity to learn about a wide variety of diagnoses which require medical interventions and recovery in an inpatient and/or outpatient care environment which utilizes a multidisciplinary approach.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About OHSU Visitors and Volunteers
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd., Portland, OR 97239, US
Our mission is to utilize volunteer resources to enhance the patients’ experience within the healthcare mission.
Healthcare Volunteers provides assistance in the achievement of departmental objectives by effectively utilizing volunteer resources in harmony with the institution’s goals, objectives and mission, ultimately improving the experience of patients, families, and visitors. Volunteers strive to:
- Serve patients, families, and visitors by spending quality time visiting and assisting them to promote the delivery of outstanding service.
- Assist staff in order to expedite patient treatment through non-medical services as requested, as well as to achieve greater knowledge in areas of interests leading to competent and skilled volunteers.
- Assist the unit, clinic, or assignment area to promote a safe and welcoming environment.
We'll work with your schedule.
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd.PortlandPortland, OR 97239
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months and 26 shifts (weekly shifts)
- New Volunteer Orientation, New Volunteer Interview, Medical Clearance,