13 people are interested
Social Media Associate: (Remote or Local to MN)
13 people are interested
Aeon for Ocean (AFO), a 501(c)(3), our mission is to educate and increase awareness about ocean conservation and marine life amongst kids and their greater role in spreading the message to drive action. We are looking for someone to help support and expand our community engagement.
We are seeking an experienced, creative social media volunteer to join our organization. This role will be responsible for developing impactful social media strategies and creating breakthrough creative content for all of Aeon for Ocean’s (AFO) social media channels. This individual will direct all social media activities to help attract and engage new and existing supporters and drive acquisition of AFO donors and advocates.
- Use social media to strategically build brand awareness/familiarity of Aeon for Ocean among existing and prospective audiences and drive strong growth of followers
- Develop social media campaigns, creative assets and marketing plans that connect with existing supporters and new audiences, maximize engagement and create significant social sharing.
- Drive growth of social media fundraising with tools such as FB Fundraisers.
- Plan and produce a social media calendar. Manage messaging/posts, maintain effective, cohesive, and engaging brand messaging.
- Lead the development and implementation of a wide range of content forms, including text, video, images, gifs, animation, live action and other content forms that best utilize the technology available on any given social media/digital platform.
- Plan and manage campaign executions, on time, on budget, to scope.
- Understanding of how to use social media to strategically build brands and create attention.
- Strong writing, copy-editing and proofreading skills
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and drive action, particularly on Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Must be passionate about ocean conservation, youth leadership and be inspired by the prospect of growing the audience awareness of Aeon for Ocean.
- Requires self-direction and must demonstrate effective oral communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department.
Aeon for Ocean is an Equal Opportunity Organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To Apply: Submit an application online on our Volunteer Opportunities page. We look forward to hearing from you!
About Aeon For Ocean
Mpls, Minneapolis, MN , US
To educate and increase awareness about ocean conservation and marine life among kids and their greater role in spreading the message to drive action.
Aeon for Ocean is a U.S.-based nonprofit founded by 7-year-old Aeon in Minnesota, to share knowledge about marine life, the oceans and our role in protecting this planet.
Our focus is on helping inland communities understand why the ocean matters and identify things they can do to protect the ocean. Through our Krill2Whale program and other initiatives, Aeon for Ocean is teaching kids they can save the World Ocean for eons!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 17, 2021
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- Must be at least 16
- 8-12 hours per month