During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
Are you passionate about community, health and social philanthropy?
Start Giving Local is a 501(C)3 GuideStar Platinum community nonprofit and we are searching for volunteer board members to help us expand our reach and positive program impact.
Volunteering & charitable giving are wonderful ways to express what matters most to you as an individual.
EXPECTATIONS OF THE BOARD AS A WHOLE
The mission of Start Giving Local is to support the greater social good by promoting wellness, fostering inclusion and innovation & empowering everyone with the ability to easily support any secular, non-political cause.
As the highest leadership body of the organization and to satisfy its fiduciary duties, the board is responsible for
* determining the mission and purposes of the organization
* selecting and evaluating the performance of the CEO/executive director
* strategic and organizational planning
* ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
* fundraising and resource development
* approving and monitoring Start Giving Local’s programs and services
* enhancing Start Giving Local’s public image
* assessing its own performance as the governing body of Start Giving Local
EXPECTATIONS OF INDIVIDUAL BOARD MEMBERS
Each individual board member is expected to
* know the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs
* faithfully read and understand the organization’s financial statements
* serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and fully engage in identifying and
securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for Start Giving Local to advance its mission
* leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve Start Giving Local's mission
* give a meaningful personal donation through in kind volunteer activity and/or financial contribution
* help identify personal connections that can benefit the organization’s fundraising and reputational standing, and can help the organization achieve its goals
* prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings
* participate fully in one or more committees
BOARD MEMBERS ARE ALSO EXPECTED TO
* follow the organization’s bylaws, policies, and board resolutions
* sign an annual conflict-of-interest disclosure and update it during the year if necessary, as well as disclose
potential conflicts before meetings and actual conflicts during meetings
* maintain confidentiality about all internal matters of Start Giving Local
Want to learn more? Please connect with us.
555 Anton Drive, 150, Costa Mesa, CA 92626, US
Start Giving Local's mission is to support the greater social good by promoting wellness, fostering inclusion and innovation & empowering everyone with the ability to easily support any secular, non-political cause.
Start Giving Local is an IRS registered, GuideStar Platinum 501(c)3 organization.
Committed to strategic programming that supports the greater social good we:
We bring people with shared interests and common goals together to amplify achievement.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
May 22, 2020