Volunteer Choir Leader
Eden Housing residents love to sing but are in search of a leader to hone-in their talent. Singers form a voluntary, casual choir and love to encourage one another, seek new opportunities to grow, learn new music and perform.
- To train, rehearse and provide direction for resident singers.
- To prepare for and lead weekly choir practice residents.
- To contribute to the planning and organization of a yearly events.
- To accept support and direction from staff as required.
- Create curriculum and facilitate weekly programming.
- Greet attendees and make them feel welcome.
- Provide encouragement and relay any concerns to staff.
- Help residents build confidence as they learn new skills.
- Ability to lead the group of residents in weekly practice
- Previous experience of running or being involved in a small choir or singing group
- Competent in the use of keyboard or piano and reading sheet music
- Excellent communication skills in order to liaise internal/external individuals involved
- Must by bilingual in Mandarin/English
- Experience of teaching music in either a formal or informal setting
Volunteers will gain teaching experience with low-income and under-served populations, as well as the opportunity to develop and teach their own curriculum. Build relationships with residents and get to know them. Give back to the community by sharing your skill and expertise with others.
Volunteer must commit to providing weekly choir practice on a regular schedule. Most sites will require that classes be held within regular business hours (Monday through Friday from 8:30 am- 5:30 pm).
About Eden Housing, Inc.
22645 Grand Street, Hayward, CA 94541, US
Eden Housing, Inc. builds and maintains high-quality, well-managed, service-enhanced affordable housing communities that meet the needs of lower income families, seniors, and persons with disabilities.
Eden Housing, Inc. is a California non-profit corporation founded in 1968 by six community activists who were concerned about the lack of non-discriminatory, affordable housing in Northern California. These volunteers began by rehabilitating older homes in Hayward for first time homebuyer families. In the mid-1980s, Eden Housing incorporated an affiliated property management company, Eden Housing Management, Inc. (EHMI), which currently provides quality onsite management and maintenance for more than 8,500 affordable homes throughout California. In the mid-1990's, Eden Housing expanded its scope to include the provision of free onsite support services and programs for its residents.Our services include technology programming; "green" resident education; youth academic, enrichment and recreation programs; programs for seniors and persons with disabilities; financial literacy; job/career preparation; and health and wellness programs for all ages.
Today, Eden has a portfolio of 8,500 units at 130 properties across 15 counties in California. Eden develops new construction and acquires and rehabilitates existing properties to preserve them. During the past 47 years, over 65,000 people have come home to an Eden Housing community. At Eden Housing, we have more than 20,000 households on our waiting list and a portfolio-wide vacancy rate of 1%, demonstrating a huge demand for our work.
We'll work with your schedule.
33935 Alvarado-Niles RoadUnion City, CA 94587
- Elder care
- Cantonese / Mandarin
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Relationship Building
- Music Therapy
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Meet once a week for up to 6 months