1 person is interested
Do You Love Details? Coordinate our Village Transportation Program
1 person is interested
Village Without Walls provides rides for members to medical appts, grocery and other shopping and social events. Our volunteer drivers receive defensive driving training and DMV checks to qualify as a driver and their auto insurance and driver license must be current.
The Village Without Walls Transportation Coordinator performs three basic functions for our Village,
(1) Request driver training and submit required driver information to Villages NW transportation coordinator.
(2) Monitor completion of driver training and DMV checks, and maintain up-to-date driver information.
(3) Calculate the quarterly reimbursement amounts for each driver ( Village Without Walls currently pays our Village drivers 25 cents a mile for all their trips).
This is a key position within our Village since transportation is the service most often requested by our members.
Requires someone who is detail-oriented and comfortable with Excel spreadsheets.
About Village Without Walls
1333 NW Orenco Station Pkwy, #572, Hillsboro, OR 97124, US
● Community. We believe that strong social connections are a vital part of living well and aging brilliantly. ● Inclusion. We welcome and respect people of all races, ethnicities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, economic situations, and abilities. ● Collaboration. We believe that working together and caring for each other makes our lives richer and more interesting. As a Village, we are stronger than we are as individuals. ● Contribution. We believe that each member of our community can benefit from the skills, experiences, and perspectives of the others. We encourage every member and volunteer to bring their own unique qualities and capabilities to the table.
Village Without Walls is a community-based membership organization of volunteers, that provide services to help seniors and disabled individuals stay involved in their communities and remain in their own homes as they grow older. Volunteers are the heart of the Village, providing direct services to our members as well as behind-the-scenes support to operate the village. We are neighbors helping neighbors to stay neighbors.
Village Without Walls is a program of Villages NW, a 501(c)3 nonprofit TAX ID 46-4190513, which serves as the Hub for ten Villages in formation across the Metro area. Villages NW is part of a nationwide network of support that fosters interdependent aging in community
Reasonable driving distance to HillsboroHillsboro, OR 97123
September 15, 2021
- Microsoft Office Suite
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 - 6 hours monthly
- Comfortable with details and can use Excel to capture and calculate data.