Passport to Manhood Mentor
Staff Supervisor: Na Lam
Program Space: College & Career Center
Overview: Passport to Manhood encourages boys age 8 to 14 to develop and mature into young men. Passport to Manhood represents a targeted effort to engage young boys in discussions and activities that reinforce character, leadership and positive behavior. Each participant receives a "passport" to underscore the notion that he is on a personal journey of maturation and growth. Each of the program’s sessions utilizes interactive activities to focus on a specific aspect of character and manhood. It also includes a service project where boys learn the importance of giving back to the community.
- Maintain a safe working environment for the youth
- Help youth to develop and refine their portfolio
- Greet and check-in all members
- Assist with all projects going on in the room
- Assist Program Partners running activities with youth in the space
- Provide ideas and feedback for potential projects
- Be a flexible member of the Boys & Girls Club team
- Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
- Energetic and creative thinker
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Experience working with youth
- Ability to multitask
About BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF GREATER LOWELL
657 MIDDLESEX STREET, LOWELL, MA 01851, US
To inspire and enable young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
With more than 100 years of history, the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell has been serving generations of the community’s youth as a safe place to learn and grow. We currently have over 300 club members, and we strive to help them develop into valued, impactful citizens within their community.
Currently, 21.5% of the Lowell population is in poverty, making Lowell the 16th most impoverished city in Massachusetts. In the 2015-2016 academic year, almost 20% of Lowell High School students did not graduate within 4 years.
The purpose of the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell is to provide the youth of Lowell with a safe space to challenge themselves academically, engage with their peers, adopt healthy habits, and become valued members of society.
657 Middlesex StreetLowell, MA 01851
- General Education
- Strategic Planning
- Child Development
- Fitness Instruction
- Outdoor Recreation
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Fridays from 5:00 pm- 6:00 pm