Robotics Assistant at Queensbridge Tech Lab
1 person is interested
The Queensbridge Tech Lab specializes in design, media/music production, and emerging technology programs for the residents of New York City. We are looking for volunteers with an interest in robotics, engineering, and teaching these skills through instructing with LEGO robots.
Use this link to apply: https://volunteer.queenslibrary.org/opportunity/a0C1J00000ITjpi
About Queens Library
8911 MERRICK BLVD, JAMAICA, NY 11432, US
The mission of the Queens Library is to provide quality services, resources, and lifelong learning opportunities through books and a variety of other formats to meet the informational, educational, cultural, and recreational needs and interests of its diverse and changing population.
We at Queens Library believe deeply in equity and that libraries are fundamental in empowering people to take charge of their lives, their governments and their communities.
Volunteers lend their talents and time on behalf of others. Ranging in age from 14 to 80, volunteers are a daily inspiration to customers; help deliver great programming and services; and offer the highest quality of attentiveness to the public.
You can make a difference by helping at any one of our 70 locations, located in every Queens neighborhood. You can...
- Help homebound adults, youth, and seniors get books, movies, and music through Mail-a-Book Services
- Read to youngsters whose parents are working or still learning English
- Teach adults job skills and interview techniques
- Help teens strengthen their academic skills and prepare for college as a Homework Helper or Academic Tutor
- Welcome New Americans, helping them learn English and prepare them to become citizens...and more!
Check out all our service opportunities!
Queensbridge Tech Lab10-43 41 AvenueLong Island City, NY 11101
- Mechanical Engineering
- Basic Computer Skills
- Must be at least 14
- Saturdays 10am - 1pm or 1pm - 4pm.
- Use this link to apply: https://volunteer.queenslibrary.org/opportunity/a0C1J00000ITjpi