Queens Public Library
- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
- Immigrants & Refugees
Location8911 MERRICK BLVDJAMAICA, NY 11432 United States
Queens Public Library transforms lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities.
We at Queens Public Library believe deeply in equity and that libraries are fundamental in empowering people to take charge of their lives, their governments and their communities.
Volunteers lend their talents and time on behalf of others. Ranging in age from 14 to 80, volunteers are a daily inspiration to customers; help deliver great programming and services; and offer the highest quality of attentiveness to the public.
You can make a difference by helping at any one of our 70 locations, located in every Queens neighborhood. You can...
- Help homebound adults, youth, and seniors get books, movies, and music through Mail-a-Book Services
- Read to youngsters whose parents are working or still learning English
- Teach adults job skills and interview techniques
- Help teens strengthen their academic skills and prepare for college as a Homework Helper or Academic Tutor
- Welcome New Americans, helping them learn English and prepare them to become citizens...and more!
Check out all our service opportunities!