Digital Arts and Crafts Lead at Queensbridge Tech Lab
1 person is interested
The Queensbridge Tech Lab would like to ignite a bi-weekly digital arts & crafts meet-up called the Create & Build Open Lab that will be created by and for young people. The Create & Build Open Lab Leads will be responsible for the following:
- Using Pinterest to research fun hands-on projects that fit within the following parameters:
- Only use Tech Lab supplies & equipment.
- Prioritize using recycled materials.
- Researching projects that fall along a broad spectrum of project types so that it piques the interest of different people (fashion, music, household, good, video games, toiletries, accessories, etc.)
- Researching projects that fall along a broad spectrum of material types/ equipment.
- Prototyping these project ideas.
- With a Tech Lab Instructor deciding on 12 project ideas that were the most fun, innovative, and hands-on.
- Planning out the 12 chosen projects linearly and calendaring 6-weeks' worth of Create & Build Club meet-ups.
- Assisting Tech Lab Instructor with club marketing and recruitment ideas/materials
- Facilitating bi-weekly Club:
- Prepare prototype and any instructional materials for that day's club (hand out, videos, etc.)
- Set up space and materials for the day (supplies, tables, equipment, sign-in sheet)
- Assist patrons with creating their project (can be prepared prompt or another project).
- Help with using/finding tools and materials.
- Re-setting space, equipment, materials.
- Labeling and storing all unfinished projects.
Please apply using this link: https://volunteer.queenslibrary.org/opportunity/a0C1J00000IOarY
About Queens Library
8911 MERRICK BLVD, JAMAICA, NY 11432, US
The mission of the Queens Library is to provide quality services, resources, and lifelong learning opportunities through books and a variety of other formats to meet the informational, educational, cultural, and recreational needs and interests of its diverse and changing population.
We at Queens Library believe deeply in equity and that libraries are fundamental in empowering people to take charge of their lives, their governments and their communities.
Volunteers lend their talents and time on behalf of others. Ranging in age from 14 to 80, volunteers are a daily inspiration to customers; help deliver great programming and services; and offer the highest quality of attentiveness to the public.
You can make a difference by helping at any one of our 70 locations, located in every Queens neighborhood. You can...
- Help homebound adults, youth, and seniors get books, movies, and music through Mail-a-Book Services
- Read to youngsters whose parents are working or still learning English
- Teach adults job skills and interview techniques
- Help teens strengthen their academic skills and prepare for college as a Homework Helper or Academic Tutor
- Welcome New Americans, helping them learn English and prepare them to become citizens...and more!
Check out all our service opportunities!
Queensbridge Tech Lab10-43 41 AvenueLong Island City, NY 11101
- Visual Arts
- Basic Computer Skills
- Must be at least 14
- Flexible - Mondays, Wednesday, Thursdays, or Saturdays 3 – 6:30 pm Project will start December 2019. Volunteer schedules depend on individual dates and times available.
- Please apply using this link: https://volunteer.queenslibrary.org/opportunity/a0C1J00000IOarY