Rehab of House for Future Veteran's Family
4 people are interested
Urban Development Corporation (UDC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of low to moderate income families who live on the Northeast Side of Detroit.
Currently we are working on several houses that will be made available to Veteran Family. UDC could use some additional helping hands with the rehab. We would be delighted to have individuals, groups, civic organization, corporations, churches, sororities and fraternities join in our efforts for a couple of hours of fun and an opportunity to make a difference in the life of others. We could really utilize help with landscape before the cold weather settles in.
With Veteran's Day coming soon, this event represents a forthcoming opportunity to make a difference in the life of a veteran family and an inner-city Detroit Neighborhood.
About Urban Development Corporation
2727 Second Avenue, Suite 129, Detroit, MI 48201, US
Improve the quality of life and bring about positive life-style changing experiences of low to moderate income families who live in urban communities. In carrying out our mission Urban Development Corporation serves as a catalyst in the revitalization of communities through the development of activities and programs which promote clean, drug-free, healthy, safe and enjoyable family lifestyles.
The uniqueness of our organization is our willingness to address counter productive behaviors which plague many urban communities, they include: random gunshot firing, slum lording, illegal dumping, liquor stores on nearly every corner, vandalism, and the selling of illicit drugs. These activities are major contributing factors to the rapid deterioration of inner city neighborhoods and lead to a large number of eyesore houses having to be torn down.
Our efforts are currently concentrated in the following areas:
- Beautification and clean-up of inner city neighborhoods.
- Substance abuse awareness and prevention.
- Broadening the horizon of inner city youth through exposure to future career opportunities, the fine arts, and recreational activities.
- Acquisition and renovation of deteriorating properties.
- Unemployment and underemployment.
- Addressing environmental pollution concerns and issues.
- Serving as a liaison between residents, businesses; local police and municipalities to alleviate illegal activity.
- Rehab of our donated building which will be utilized as a community/employment center.
We'll work with your schedule.
KeystoneDetroit, MI 48234
- Facilities Management
- Interior Design
- Home Repair
- Urban Planning
- 3 to 4 hours
- Willing to give back to an inner-city neighborhood in Detroit and enjoy doing landscape work.