Front Desk Receptionist
3 people are interested
Blind Service Association is looking for someone to help with our front desk. You'll be greeting clients and volunteers, answering the phone and help schedule appointments.
About Blind Service Association
17 N. State Street Suite 1050, Chicago, IL 60602, US
Blind Service Association is a non profit organization dedicated to providing programs and services that enhance the independence and self-sufficiency of blind and visually impaired individuals.
Blind Service Association (BSA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization providing an array of programs and services to people who are blind and visually impaired in the Chicagoland area.
Programs and Services at BSA include:
- One-to-One Reading where trained volunteers are available to read any type of material presented to clients. This is the heart of what we do and are most well known for!
- Recording of books or other reading matter that is unavailable from libraries or other agencies that maintain a library.
- The Vision Connection, a membership club for people 50 years of age and over with age related eye conditions.
- A Youth Program for blind and visually impaired children aged 11 through 18.
- Four separate support groups for those seeking assistance and encouragement coping with their eye condition. While the groups are broken down by age and gender, a facilitator will work with you to determine which group is most suitable for your situation.
- A Guide Dog User's Group which brings together Guide Dog Owner's to share information and advocate for their rights as guide dog owners.
- A client's weight loss group to help with weight issues that are affecting their health and wellbeing.
- Computer User's Network, a membership club, where blind and visually impaired users receive an array of technical and computer support through seminars, tutoring and newsletters.
- A Scholarship program where $30,000 in scholarships are awarded yearly to legally blind students looking to advance their education whether going to college, a university or technical school.
- Information and Referral, a one-stop shop to get immediate answers for your particular needs.
- A Speakers Bureau offering information for your group about programs at Blind Service Association.
We'll work with your schedule.
17 N. State Street Suite 1050Chicago, IL 60602
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 1 hour. Maximum 8 hours. Set up an ongoing weekly schedule or flexible hours.
- We're looking for someone with a cheerful personality.