Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Blind Service Association is a non profit organization dedicated to providing programs and services that enhance the independence and self-sufficiency of blind and visually impaired individuals.
Blind Service Association (BSA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization providing an array of programs and services to people who are blind and visually impaired in the Chicagoland area.
Programs and Services at BSA include:
- One-to-One Reading where trained volunteers are available to read any type of material presented to clients. This is the heart of what we do and are most well known for!
- Recording of books or other reading matter that is unavailable from libraries or other agencies that maintain a library.
- The Vision Connection, a membership club for people 50 years of age and over with age related eye conditions.
- A Youth Program for blind and visually impaired children aged 11 through 18.
- Four separate support groups for those seeking assistance and encouragement coping with their eye condition. While the groups are broken down by age and gender, a facilitator will work with you to determine which group is most suitable for your situation.
- A Guide Dog User's Group which brings together Guide Dog Owner's to share information and advocate for their rights as guide dog owners.
- A client's weight loss group to help with weight issues that are affecting their health and wellbeing.
- Computer User's Network, a membership club, where blind and visually impaired users receive an array of technical and computer support through seminars, tutoring and newsletters.
- A Scholarship program where $30,000 in scholarships are awarded yearly to legally blind students looking to advance their education whether going to college, a university or technical school.
- Information and Referral, a one-stop shop to get immediate answers for your particular needs.
- A Speakers Bureau offering information for your group about programs at Blind Service Association.
- Sally Cooper
- Need admin access?