11 people are interested
Chapter Support Volunteer: Use your skills to help a local nonprofit support entrepreneurs
11 people are interested
Every SCORE chapter depends on the talent and time of volunteers to help entrepreneurs achieve their dreams of small business ownership.We’re looking for volunteers to work in two areas:
- Expand our reach to the community as a member of the Marketing Committee.
- Expand our workshop and webinar program as a member of the Workshop Committee.
Expected volunteer commitment:
- You agree to commit to at least one year of volunteering.
- Time commitment is anywhere from a few hours a week to as much as the volunteer can give.
- Leadership experience: collaboration, goal setting, strategic planning, motivating others is a plus.
- Previous experience owning or managing a small business is a plus.
- Previous experience working with volunteers is a plus.
- Digital marketing in any of its forms.
- Maintaining relationships with other related organizations
- Presentation skills, both online and in person
- Developing/adapting marketing materials
- Curriculum Design.
- Managing Zoom meetings and webinars.
- Workshop/webinar presentation skills.
Learn more at www.score.org/volunteer.
SCORE is a nonprofit resource partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration that helps aspiring and existing entrepreneurs succeed. Volunteering is a way for you to give back, network with business experts, and share your knowledge. Join SCORE today to make a meaningful difference in your local community.
About SCORE Portland
620 SW Main, Portland, OR 97205, US
SCORE, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is dedicated to helping small businesses and nonprofit organizations get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentoring. Our mission: Foster vibrant small business communities through mentoring and education. Our motto: For the Life of Your Business. Our vision: We aim to give every person the support they need to thrive as a small business owner.
SCORE, America's premier source of free and confidential small business advice for entrepreneurs and small businesses, is a nonprofit resource partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). We serve in over 800 communities across the country and our 10,000+ volunteers offer free business mentoring and low- or no-cost workshops, webinars, and special events.
For over 50 years, SCORE's thousands of working and retired business professionals have volunteered to support the success of small business nationwide. SCORE business mentoring is free and confidential.
- Free, confidential business mentoring in person, via email or by video
- Volunteer mentors who share their expertise across industries
- Free business tools, templates and tips online
- Inexpensive or free business workshops, webinars, both locally and nationally
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 8, 2021
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Teaching / Instruction
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Market Research / Analysis
- Community Outreach
- Adult Education
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A few hours per week up to as much as the volunteer can give.
- Complete your volunteer application at www.score.org/volunteer-registration.