1 person is interested
Job Description : Gallery Intern
Organization: Maple Grove Arts Center
Role Type: 7-10 hours per show/7 shows per annum commitment
Salary: Volunteer basis
Reporting to: Gallery Director
The Maple Grove Arts Center is a 501c3 nonprofit arts center. Their mission is: To provide fine art, musical and theatrical exploration and appreciation opportunities.
The arts center’s vision: To become highly visible, vibrant, financially stable organization, offering quality art, education and art appreciation with extensive community participation, outreach and patron involvement.
The Gallery Intern is responsible for aiding the Gallery Director in the 1000+ square foot MGAC Gallery. This position is responsible for helping to coordinate all installation, repairs, and art handling for each exhibition under the direction of the Gallery Director. The Gallery Intern reports to the Gallery Director, who then in turn reports to the Executive Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Help execute the yearly art exhibitions as decided by the Gallery Director, Executive Director and MGAC Board.
- Determine gallery maintenance needs with Gallery Director.
- Ability to register acceptance of artwork, checking paperwork and taking fee payments for Treasurer.
- Be able to handle an art sale and complete relevant paperwork for Treasurer.
- Attend Show Opening events and help with set up and clear downs.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Ability to interact in an effective and appropriate manner with diverse populations.
- Ability to detect and correct grammatical and spelling errors in written correspondence.
- Ability to maintain files accurately, in paper and in software programs.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
About Maple Grove Arts Center
11666 Fountains Drive, Maple Grove, Maple Grove, MN 55369, US
To provide fine art, musical, dance, comedic and theatrical exploration and appreciation opportunities
To become highly visible, vibrant and financially stable organization, offering quality art, education and art appreciation with extensive community participation, outreach and patron involvement.
Housing both gallery and studio space with a desireable main street location, the Maple Grove Arts Center has been serving and sharing art with its community since 2009.
Several community groups utilize our space for meetings and shows. We have classes for children, seniors, beginning, intermediate and beyond!
MGAC has 12 gallery shows per year. This gives our member and artist's many chances to exhibit and share their work.
We'll work with your schedule.
11666 Fountains DriveMaple Grove, MN 55369
- Exhibition Arts
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- 7-10 hours per show. Approx 7 shows per year. Attendance at Show openings preferred.
- Personable, reliable and flexible. Arts loving preferred but not essential.