DONATE TO THIS
13 people are interested
Become a STEM Teacher
ORGANIZATION: EnCorps STEM Teachers Program
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
13 people are interested
The EnCorps STEM Teachers Fellowship recruits, selects, develops and supports the best and brightest STEM professionals and military veterans, as an innovative, long-term solution to the shortage of high-quality, impactful educators for students in under-resourced schools.
Have you considered a career in teaching science, math, engineering, or technology (STEM)? EnCorps STEM Teaching Fellows explore middle and high school teaching in Colorado’s high need schools through a 1-2 year Fellowship. We are actively seeking our next cohort of aspiring teachers who have previous industry experience. As an EnCorps STEM Teaching Fellow, you will have the opportunity to use your leadership and industry experience to inspire the next generation by working as a full-time salaried teacher in an EnCorps partner school.
Teaching Fellowship details:
- EnCorps will place you in a local partner school for 1 semester where you will spend 2-5 hours per week as a volunteer Guest Teacher
- Fellows train online/on-demand and at 3 in-person cohort events each year by participating in enhanced skills preparation workshops
- Fellows receive extensive support and mentoring from the EnCorps staff, their cohort, and EnCorps’ network of schools
- With the help of EnCorps, you will explore a transition to teaching and if desired, your unique timeline to become a paid teacher, in as little as 9 months, or 3 years depending on your personal goals
- Fellows can earn their teaching credential from a university partner over the course of 4-14 months
*Find out more about the timeline and teaching credential options at https://encorps.org/teaching-fellowship/
- Have a bachelor's degree
- Have at least 1 year of hands-on STEM industry work experience or have an advanced degree in a STEM field*
- Financial plan to participate in unpaid Guest Teaching for one semester
For more specific eligibility and FAQ’s, please see https://www.encorps.org/teaching-fellowship/eligibility
*Looking for backgrounds in: Accounting, finance, banking, mathematics, statistics, data analyst, computer programmer, IT, coding, product manager, engineering (civil, mechanical, ALL), healthcare, scientific research, biotech, lab work, etc.
EnCorps’ Diversity Statement
At EnCorps, we challenge current educational inequalities by connecting high needs schools with high quality STEM educators to eliminate the systemic injustice preventing children of color from entering the future STEM workforce. By recruiting, training and supporting diverse and committed STEM professionals to volunteer and teach in communities most impacted by oppressive systems, we are able to provide opportunities and access to quality STEM education. We will continue to create learning opportunities that challenge assumptions and push our team to transform practices that better serve students in the communities we serve.
Want to inspire the next generation of STEM leaders? Join EnCorps today!
Apply now: https://www.encorps.org/apply
Not interested in teaching? Become a volunteer STEMx Math Tutor: https://encorps.org/volunteer-programs
Hear from an EnCorps Fellow about why they decided to teach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waf-mAvcNjM
29 More opportunities with EnCorps STEM Teachers Program
About EnCorps STEM Teachers Program
608 Meyer Lane, Los Angeles, CA 90278, US
WE ARE STEM PROFESSIONALS PROVIDING HIGH QUALITY EDUCATION TO CLOSE ACHIEVEMENT GAPS FOR STUDENTS IN LOW INCOME COMMUNITIES
The AmeriCorps STEM Expert Tutors program will focus on improving math and science literacy for low-income high school students in Los Angeles county. Our tutors will work in five high-needs AmeriCorps member placement sites located in Huntington Park, South Central/Watts, and Boyle Heights. Many Los Angeles County high school students are not meeting proficiency standards in math and science subjects. Low-income students are a particularly vulnerable population, as demonstrated in performance gaps. Low STEM literacy limits students' opportunities to pursue college and careers in the 21st century. AmeriCorps STEM Expert Tutors will provide academic assistance to low-income high school students, currently underperforming in math and science subjects. Our Expert Tutors will provide students with access to education that will help them break the cycle of poverty, pursue higher education and secure jobs in the 21st century.
Greater Los Angeles/Riverside AreaCorona, CA 92882
May 15, 2023
- Math / Science Instruction
- System Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 22
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 2 hrs/week volunteering with students
- Participate in EnCorps training, events, and online community. Schools require tuberculosis test and fingerprints.