STEM Teaching Fellowship
DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
California is experiencing a statewide teacher shortage crisis - YOU can help!
Transition your industry experience into the classroom as a middle or high school teacher. As an EnCorps STEM Teaching Fellow, you will use your leadership and unique expertise to inspire the next generation by working as a teacher in a low income school. Currently, 39% of students in California meet or exceed the math standards, however, people with skills like you, have an opportunity to change these statistics and strengthen our future STEM workforce. Just watch this video to see our impact in action ( https://encorps.force.com/application/s/ )!
EnCorps provides an innovative component, complementing the established credentialing process required for all California teachers; and preparing you to excel in your new career as a teacher. As an EnCorps Fellow, you will receive support from EnCorps staff as well as a cohort of your peers, as you navigate through the credentialing process and work your way towards becoming a teacher.
How the Fellowship works:
- Fellows earn their credential from a university partner over the course of 4-14 months
- EnCorps will place you in a local partner school for 1 semester where you will spend 2-5 hours per week as a volunteer Guest Teacher
- Fellows train online/on-demand and at 3 in-person cohort events each year by participating in enhanced skills preparation workshops
- Fellows receive extensive support and mentoring from the EnCorps staff, their cohort, and EnCorps’ network of schools
- With the help of Encorps, you will develop your unique timeline to become a credentialed, paid teacher, in as little as 9 months, or 3 years depending on your personal goals.
Find out more about the timeline and teaching credentials at https://encorps.org/join/
For Fellowship consideration you must:
- Have a bachelor's degree
- Have at least 1 year of hands-on STEM industry work experience or have an advanced degree in a STEM field
- Have eligibility to work in the U.S.
- While the Fellowship is offered at no cost and EnCorps offers limited scholarships, you must have a financial plan in place for funding your teaching credential
For more specific eligibility and FAQ’s, please see https://encorps.org/join/eligibility/ .
Want to empower students and inspire the next generation of STEM leaders? Join EnCorps today!
Apply by our Spring Deadline (Feb. 28, 2020) or contact our recruitment team for more information at email@example.com .
About EnCorps STEM Teachers
2455 190th St Ste G, Redondo Beach, CA 90278, US
The EnCorps STEM Teachers Program recruits, selects, develops and supports the best and brightest STEM professionals and military veterans, as an innovative, long-term solution to the shortage of high quality, impactful educators for under-resourced students in high need communities.
Enduring STEM achievement, access, and literacy gaps disproportionately limit low income, under-resourced, and minority student opportunities. STEM professionals, when thoroughly prepared, are uniquely positioned to meaningfully utilize their talent and real-world expertise as EnCorps STEM Teachers to deliver an authentic, rigorous, and relevant STEM education to the students who need it most.
We'll work with your schedule.
Greater Los Angeles AreaLos Angeles, CA 90012
- Math / Science Instruction
- System Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 22
- Orientation or Training
- Variable (2-5 hours per week) with flexible times
- Participate in EnCorps training, events, and online community. Schools require tuberculosis test and fingerprints.