Become a STEM Teacher
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Have you considered a career in teaching science, math, engineering or technology (STEM)? EnCorps STEM Teachers Program transitions accomplished career-changers to teaching middle and high school in California’s high need schools through a 1-2 year Fellowship. We are actively seeking our next cohort of aspiring middle and high school teachers who have previous industry experience. As an EnCorps STEM Teaching Fellow, you will have the opportunity to use your leadership and industry experience to inspire the next generation by working as a full-time salaried teacher in an EnCorps partner school.
Racial and socioeconomic achievement gaps persist in our schools today. There is a 26% or greater gap in math achievement between white students and students of color. We believe in the power of STEM to offer opportunities to students who need it most. You can change this by becoming a STEM teacher.
EnCorps STEM Teachers Program’s vision is to realize a day where all students, regardless of socioeconomic status, are inspired and prepared to pursue their dreams. STEM Teaching Fellows transition to teaching careers within 1-3 years with the support of EnCorps training, guest teaching field experience, credentialing guidance, EnCorps cohort and the EnCorps network of schools. When you become an EnCorps Fellow, you are committing to providing access to quality education within low income schools, supporting students who need your mentorship the most.
The EnCorps team will provide guidance as you begin the process to become a teacher and the broad network of fellows provides first hand experience from people who, like you, transitioned into a teaching career.
- Fellows may choose a licensed or non-licensed teaching pathway. If licensed, they will earn their license from a university partner over the course of 4-14 months
- EnCorps will place you in a local partner school for 1 semester where you will spend 2-5 hours per week as a volunteer Guest Teacher
- Fellows train online/on-demand and at 3 in-person cohort events each year by participating in enhanced skills preparation workshops
- Fellows receive extensive support and mentoring from the EnCorps staff, their cohort, and EnCorps’ network of schools
- With the help of EnCorps, you will develop your unique timeline to become a paid teacher, in as little as 9 months, or 3 years depending on your personal goals.
*Find out more about the timeline and teaching credentials at https://encorps.org/teaching-fellowship/
- Have a bachelor's degree
- Have at least 1 year of hands-on STEM industry work experience or have an advanced degree in a STEM field*
- Financial plan to participate in unpaid Guest Teaching Training for one semester
For more specific eligibility and FAQ’s, please see https://www.encorps.org/teaching-fellowship/eligibility
*Looking for backgrounds in: Accounting, finance, banking, mathematics, statistics, data analyst, computer programmer, IT, coding, product manager, engineering (civil, mechanical, ALL), healthcare, scientific research, biotech, lab work, etc.
Want to empower students and inspire the next generation of STEM leaders? Join EnCorps today!
Fall application deadline: Sept 11, 2020. Apply today at: https://encorps.org/apply
See EnCorps through the eyes of a fellow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waf-mAvcNjM
About EnCorps STEM Teachers
608 Meyer Lane, Suite 204-B, Redondo Beach, CA 90278, US
The EnCorps STEM Teachers Program recruits, selects, develops and supports the best and brightest STEM professionals and military veterans, as an innovative, long-term solution to the shortage of high quality, impactful educators for under-resourced students in high need communities.
Enduring STEM achievement, access, and literacy gaps disproportionately limit low income, under-resourced, and minority student opportunities. STEM professionals, when thoroughly prepared, are uniquely positioned to meaningfully utilize their talent and real-world expertise as EnCorps STEM Teachers to deliver an authentic, rigorous, and relevant STEM education to the students who need it most.
We'll work with your schedule.
Greater San Diego AreaBonita, CA 91902
July 15, 2020
- Math / Science Instruction
- System Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 22
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 2 hrs/week volunteering with students
- Participate in EnCorps training, events, and online community. Schools require tuberculosis test and fingerprints.