Disaster Action Team (DAT) Duty Officer
Volunteer From Home!!
Make a positive and immediate impact for families at need in your local communities. Become an important part of the local Red Cross's Disaster Action Team! The Disaster Action Team (DAT) Duty Officer ensures timely dispatch and monitoring of the local DAT Teams.
- May determine if Red Cross action is required
- Uses event triggers such as size, scope and type to direct DAT response
- Works with on-scene DAT leadership to support the response and provide technical guidance
- Support and train new Duty Officers
- Dispatch DAT Team
- Monitor the response to ensure appropriate resources are made available
- Activate Disaster Health Services, Disaster Mental Health, Disaster Spiritual Care and Public Affairs when requested
- May be required to monitor activity across multiple DAT responses
- Notify chapter/regional staff of significant events
- Attends regularly scheduled team meetings
- Demonstrates leadership and communications skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to the mission of the American Red Cross
- Ability to remotely monitor and track details of DAT responses
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in complex and stressful situations
- Proficient at Red Cross systems and working online
- Sit/stand for minimum of 2-hour period
- Work long periods on the computer
- Speak clearly on the phone and in person
Training is provided at no cost.
If interested you can apply by visiting, https://www.redcross.org/volunteer, scrolling down the page and clicking on the blue "Apply Now" button. Just follow the directions from there to complete the application and background check.
Have questions or need more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About American Red Cross - Ohio
995 E. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
We're in local communities every day, helping people prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies. When emergencies strike, people need help. A fire leaves a family homeless. A heart attack threatens a life. A tornado flattens homes, schools and businesses. A military family needs to be connected. A young child needs a blood transfusion. They need the Red Cross.
How do we empower so many of our neighbors to respond to emergencies? By mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We can't turn heartbreak into hope without your help!
We'll work with your schedule.
130 Martz StSuite 6Greenville OfficeGreenville, OH 45331
- Customer Service
- Disaster Response
- Basic Computer Skills
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 24 hours per month
- Access to reliable phone and internet